X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wirah
    • Oct 2018
    • 5.3.x

vBulletin Cloud with existing database

I've been working with a vBulletin 4 forum that has posts dating back to 2003.

I recently upgraded to vBulletin 5 but I'm seeing a lot of "504 Gateway Timeout" errors with my hosting provider and I'm now wondering whether vBulletin Cloud is a better solution so I don't have to worry about infrastructure.

Is it possible to provide my existing database with this cloud plan, so we don't need to start from scratch?

Thanks
  • Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

Yes it is. We had a database that was started in 2006 and we are now on Cloud, no loss of posts or members.

Comment

• Wirah
      • Oct 2018
      • 5.3.x

That is great news. How do you actually provide the database to vBulletin staff? Mine is 1.2GB in size. I guess I would need to Dropbox it over. How fast is the setup procedure? I'm a little concerned about downtime during the migration.

Comment

• Mrs.T
        • Nov 2007
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Wirah
        That is great news. How do you actually provide the database to vBulletin staff? Mine is 1.2GB in size. I guess I would need to Dropbox it over. How fast is the setup procedure? I'm a little concerned about downtime during the migration.
        It was all really easy, they will give you full details on what they need, we were down for less than an afternoon. We were amazed how quickly it all went. We were on v4 so that took time to convert, so if you are already running v5 I'm sure it will be sorted very quickly.

We don't regret moving to Cloud

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

You would provide your database, attachments, customavatars, and custom smilies as ZIP files and via your favorite file sharing site. Once received, we validate the database, upgrade it, convert it to a cloud compatible database and then migrate it into the system. The amount of time it takes depends on the size of the files involved and current work load. If there are no issues, then we can complete the migration in under 72 hours.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Joshua Gonzales
            • Apr 2015
            • 5.5.x

For pricing details and what kind of purchase is necessary for a Cloud Migration, please send an email to [email protected].
            -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -- Ads available for the modules globally
            -- Global modules
            -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment