• Show
Clear All
  • alexdudek
    • Sep 2018
    • 5.3.x

I want to add my site to Vbulletin

But I have some questions:
    - Portuguese language in Brazil have?
    - All my SMF forum will be converted without loss?
    - I have to pay a license every year?
    - What support will I have to migrate my forum?
    - Consumes less resource SMF forum?
  • Elmer
    • Jul 2002

- There is no language pack for Portuguese.
    - Maybe you will lose some staff, like bb codes or staff that aren't supported in vBulletin. You might be able to keep all your posts and users and even attachments.
    - I think you have to pay it every major version. So you might be paying for a new license upgrade every couple of years.
    - None, just forum support I believe. Unless you pay a professional to migrate your forum.
    - Can't comment on that. I have a new forums with just a few visitors and it run fast on a vps on DigitalOcean. You have to tweak it tough.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

Hello,
      Elmer's answers arr correct- to expand/confirm-

1. - We do not have a Portuguese language pack, you would need to translate yourself which can be done with our built in Language Manager. It is not difficult for someone bilingual but it is time consuming.

2. No, not everything. All users will need to reset their passwords for sure. Likely there will be little things (such as some bbcodes maybe) that simply won't work. Old links to pages won't work. It ultimately depends on how you do the conversion as we offer no official conversion tool. See this post for more info on importing: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...re-to-download

3. If you purchase the download version of VB5 you do not need to pay again for any future version of VB 5.x.x. If the day comes we one day release a VB 6.x then at that time you may have to pay if you want to upgrade to VB 6.x. I have no idea if or when we might release a VB 6.x.

4. There is no supported means to migrate to vBulletin. If you choose to try Impex we will try to provide assistance in the forum, best we can, but we cannot promise a successful migration. There are 3rd party conversion services in the link above but we do not endorse them in anyway.

5. We can't say for sure but my guess is VB5 uses at least as many resources as SMF. The larger your site the more resources it uses.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...