X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marion Landry
    • Sep 2018
    • 5.3.x

Voting system and "approved" technical answers

I am wondering if VBulletin has a voting options on post.
    For example, in my forum I would like to have a section for "Submit your ideas". I wan users to be able to vote on the topic or ideas submitted on this forum and the most popular idea to always sit on top of the tread. Is there something that could allow me to do this on SMF?

Also, I am curious to see if the moderator of the forum could actually mark the posts as "approved". This as to do with technical forum.
    Let's say a user is posting a question, the community answers but internally the moderator can either "approve" the answers or classified it as "not approved" and provide more insights. This is to prevent the community to provide technical inaccuracy about our product.
    Thanks
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The system has Likes. There is no voting on individual topics other than that. There is currently no way to mark a reply as the "Answer."

You can set up the system so that all posts are moderated and must be approved in order to be viewed by the end users.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Marion Landry
      Marion Landry commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Wayne,
      For the "Likes" is it only members that can "like" posts? And right now.. I don't see the "like" option on this particular tread, is this something that the moderator turns "on/off" in the settings of each posts?
      Thanks
      Marion

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      It is controlled by permissions on each channel. So you can give the permission to some usergroups and withhold it from others.
  • Marion Landry
    • Sep 2018
    • 5.3.x

Usergroups: meaning only those who have an account. Non members would not be able to "like" a post without first creating an account. Correct?
    Thanks

Comment

• Joshua Gonzales
      Joshua Gonzales commented
      Editing a comment
      There is a usergroup called "Unregistered/Not Logged In" so technically non-members could Like a post if the admin allowed that.

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking at the database, Reputation (i.e. Likes) is stored by User ID (like most user generated content in vBulletin). For this purpose, it is unlikely that Guests will be able to Like content. All guests have a User ID of 0 so if this was allowed, only one Guest would be able to Like. Other guests would not be able to like the same topic. So this is probably turned off through hard-coding in the templates.

The goal here should be to encourage people to register on your site. This builds a userbase that can help promote your business and possibly earn you income over time.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...