Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VB Cloud purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • VB Cloud purchase

    Hi, So I'm trying to change over my hosting from another company to VB Cloud

    I want to use my current forum/Domain

    So I typed in my Domain/url and I receive the following notice ??

    Guess I'm doing this wrong, because it's asking to enter a " Host " name ??

    The domain 'www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/' is invalid or has been used already. Please choose another domain name.

    If you would like to use a domain you have already registered, enter the host name you wish to use for your site. Please note that you need to own and control this domain so that you can set the appropriate DNS entries. If you already have a site you probably want something like forum.mysite.com. If you don't have an existing site or want to replace an existing site then you probably want www.mysitename.com. Please do not enter just mysitename.com, as that will not work properly due to issues with how dns works.

  • #2
    So I'm guessing that I need to put " Forum " in front of my url/ domain ??

    Comment


    • #3
      You need a three-part domain. So www.domain.com is fine, or forum.domain.com, or anything.domain.com.
      As long as there are three parts, it will work.
      What you cannot do is have domain.com/forum, or anything of that structure.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

      TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
        You need a three-part domain. So www.domain.com is fine, or forum.domain.com, or anything.domain.com.
        As long as there are three parts, it will work.
        What you cannot do is have domain.com/forum, or anything of that structure.
        Hi Mark,

        Thank you for the reply.
        But when I put my www.domain.com I get this message, is invalid or has been used already. Please choose another domain name.
        when i placed "Forum" in front of my domain, they will accept that. But I don't own the URL that way, so will it be redirected to my www.domain.com ?

        and what does it mean that it's invalid or used already ?

        I'd like to get this done today, but it's not making sense to me why it won't accept my www.domain.com

        Thank you

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TravelTalk View Post

          Hi Mark,

          Thank you for the reply.
          But when I put my www.domain.com I get this message, is invalid or has been used already. Please choose another domain name.
          when i placed "Forum" in front of my domain, they will accept that. But I don't own the URL that way, so will it be redirected to my www.domain.com ?

          and what does it mean that it's invalid or used already ?

          I'd like to get this done today, but it's not making sense to me why it won't accept my www.domain.com

          Thank you
          Hi, if you drop an email to sales@vbulletin.com with the details, they should be able to get this sorted for you.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

          TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

            Hi, if you drop an email to sales@vbulletin.com with the details, they should be able to get this sorted for you.
            Thank you again Mark, will do this now

            Comment


            • #7
              So something really weird just happened.

              I went to my other laptop which has my email account that is on file with VB so I could send an email from there.
              Went to my VB dashboard and said let me try this again, put in my url and it took it ..... Not sure why it wouldn't take on my other laptop because I used the same sign in and everything
              maybe there was a slight bug of some kind, but whatever it was it's fixed now !!!

              Received my confirmation email with login info and how to configure my CNAME

              Thank you for all you do here Mark

              Comment

              Related Topics

              Collapse

              Working...
              X