Can a VBulletin Site be upgraded and brought back to life?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Boaphile
    • Aug 2013
    • 5.5.x

Can a VBulletin Site be upgraded and brought back to life?

After several years of not maintaining my site, I would like to get it working and functional again. I am not tech savvy enough to do this myself even if it is possible. I have redtailboas.com using VBulletin 4.1.7. The site is broken and does not function. Can the site be upgraded? I would need a professional to do the tech work. I would be willing to loose all data going back to when it was functional. Including members, posts, everything if the site I had say 5 years ago could be brought back and upgraded. Is this realistic? Thank you.
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

Google is flagging that site as deceptive. Has it been hacked?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You can upgrade the site to vBulletin 4.2.5 (there would be a cost of $149.00 to upgrade from your vB3 license). Or vBulletin 5.4.3 (there would be a cost of $209 to upgrade your vB3 license).

Either of these would allow you to upgrade the software so it will operate on a more modern server. Once you upgrade, we can help you secure it and remove any exploits or malware that is present.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• The_Boaphile
        • Aug 2013
        • 5.5.x

I do not know what "hacked" means in this context. If I did know what that meant, I really don't know what the answer would be. I don't know to what extent it is broken.

Comment

• The_Boaphile
          • Aug 2013
          • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          You can upgrade the site to vBulletin 4.2.5 (there would be a cost of $149.00 to upgrade from your vB3 license). Or vBulletin 5.4.3 (there would be a cost of $209 to upgrade your vB3 license).

Either of these would allow you to upgrade the software so it will operate on a more modern server. Once you upgrade, we can help you secure it and remove any exploits or malware that is present.
          I do not know how to do the things you suggest. I would like to upgrade to whatever would be most friendly to cell phone users, but I'd need professional help for this. Is that something that VBulletin can help with ,or can you direct me toward someone that can do that work for me? Thank you!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

vBulletin 5 is the most mobile friendly version of the software. We can perform an upgrade for you if you purchase the Professional Upgrade service along with your license upgrade. Or we can move your site to vBulletin Cloud and manage everything for you. vBulletin Cloud is a hosted service. We maintain vBulletin and keep it running. We keep the servers secure. We process all upgrades for you. To migrate your site, we require that you purchase a six month hosting package. You can find out more about Cloud here:
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...