X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nooxm
    • Jul 2018
    • 5.3.x

vBulleting for Mobile Website on PHP Laravel

Hey guys I hope everyone is doing fine. I have a mobile website[ about latest mobile news, specs and prices. I want to create a forum for my website so the users and customers will interact and ask questions in general. I want to install Vbulletin forum on it. However the website is not on wordpress but on PHP Laravel. How can I implement the forum page? Many thanks
    Last edited by Mark.B; Wed 11 Jul '18, 2:34am. Reason: Link removed
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Hello,

You would install vBulletin in its own separate directory. It would for all essential purposes be like an independent site. If you wanted to do some kind of custom coding to link the existing users that would likely be possible but not something we officially support.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

In addition to above.

vBulletin is its own encapsulated PHP Application. It has its own API and Resources. Installing it in its own directory and separate database is the best option. This will allow it to control itself is the best course of action. So in your Laravel directory, you would have /public/forums (as an example). vBulletin will be in /forums. You will need to tell your Laravel rewrites to ignore this directory with your routing classes. vBulletin will handle its own routing.

If you need to pass information to the Laravel app, then you can query the database directly or use vBulletin's API.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...