Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • at1
    • Mar 2002

Happy UBB convert

This isn't a presales question, but perhaps a presales answer for some hesitant UBBers.

We made the switch last weekend and are delighted. It's faster (and many of my users are on aol), people have adapted to it very easily. I can't explain why, but our postings have increased from 90-130 a day to 200-250 each day so far this week, and it's an "off-season" for us. (My board is -- brace yourselves -- for discussion of classical ballet.)

The only thing our users haven't liked is that they miss the summary in View New Posts (The UBB lists the first few lines of text, so it was like getting a digest; you could tell whether you wanted to read a post from the View view). Other than that, we're happy campers.

Thanks, guys!!!

if you want to take a peak. We're a small board -- 1400 registered members, highest ever (from UBB stats) users at one time was 77. It's interesting to see that half our traffic is from "guests."
  • filburt1
    • Feb 2002

I take it this was not UBB 6.2?
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

That's good to hear at1! The legions of ex-UBBers continues to grow!

By the way, don't forget to register your user name for Priority Forums Support so you can post in all the support forums. The link is in the last line of my sig.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jmd
        • Jan 2002

You have a small board lol lol

We're a small board -- 1400 registered members, highest ever

You want small take a look at mine LOL
        Cheers

Ummm don't think I could have ever been a ballet dancer. I'm 6 2 inches and 235lbs.....don't look that good in tights eather. lol

Where do you carry your wallet in thoes things ...AHHH I know where lol so that's why ummmm never mind

Last edited by jmd; Thu 28 Mar '02, 2:12pm.
        PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...