Can you display a different logo depending on the forum/channel selected?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lottidah
    • Dec 2004

Can you display a different logo depending on the forum/channel selected?

Hi, longtime vB 3.x owner here. I'm considering an upgrade to vB 5 and am trying to figure out if I can replicate a change I made in my forum where the logo at the top of the page changes depending on the forum that is displaying. Is this possible in this version?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Only by assigning a different style to each forum and changing the logo within the forum. Should be similar to how this is done in vBulletin 3.X using default functionality.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• lottidah
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Only by assigning a different style to each forum and changing the logo within the forum. Should be similar to how this is done in vBulletin 3.X using default functionality.
      Thank you for the response. The method I used in 3.x was by editing the Header template as shown here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...various-forums

It's not too obvious to me where to change the logo via a Style. If you have any documentation or links to a tutorial, I could test it out in my trial forum.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You can do that in vBulletin 5.X as well but it will limit some other functionality such as being able to upload a logo from any page of the site.

To change the logo, you would update the "titleimage" Style Variable in the AdminCP. Or visit any page of the site and click "Header" in the Site Builder Menu.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• lottidah
          • Dec 2004

Thanks for the info, I was able to accomplish this quite easily in my trial forum.

Comment