Can I use vBulletin and SquareSpace together?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adrienne2242
    • Nov 2017

Can I use vBulletin and SquareSpace together?

First off. What does vBulletin even do?

I am making a website, and it's a forum website. I was told to use vBulletin. But, to design the pages. Can I make the main source with vBulletin and then the design in Square Space?
  • Joshua Gonzales
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.5.x

vBulletin powers a self-contained website where the forum is the focus, but it also has blog, article, and social group features.
    This site, our support forums, is what vBulletin does.
    I've never used Square Space, but if I understand it correctly, the only way to use the two platforms together would be to have one on the main domain and the other on a subdomain. For example, www.mysite.com and forums.mysite.com.
    vBulletin requires a server you can upload files to via FTP or SSH and that has certain versions of PHP and MySQL. I don't think Square Space provides that.
    A lot of people use another platform as a main or landing page, like Wordpress, then use vBulletin as a supplement. It is a separate site, but as mentioned previously can be installed on a subdomain.
    -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -- Ads available for the modules globally
    -- Global modules
    -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Short answer is that you can use both together. You would want vBulletin on one sub-domain and your SquareSpace site on another.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...