X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karlm
    • Jun 2006
    • 5.3.x

Considering moving hosts (to vb cloud)

I've already got the domains I want from godaddy, etc. but who does the moving over or do you only take on new/virgin clients? What happens if I buy the basic (Bronze) and you figure I need a higher account after x-months? What happens if I get spammed/DDoS attacks? Can I have multiple forums running (I have three licenses) under one account or will I be forced to purchase 3x accounts (in which case, this will become unfeasible)?
    VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.
  • Joshua Gonzales
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.5.x

vBulletin Cloud customers have no access to our servers. We can migrate existing vBulletin forums to vBulletin Cloud.
    You can change your plan at any time and it will be prorated.
    Spam is something handled at the software level; there are integrated services that allow you to mitigate and deal with spam. There are also human verification options that, when configured, work well at keeping spam/bots out.
    We have teams that keep our servers and all Cloud sites safe. A backup of your site is taken every day.
    One forum requires one cloud subscription. We cannot merge multiple forum websites/databases.
    So if you have three websites you'd like to move to vBulletin Cloud, you'd have to purchase three vBulletin Cloud sites/subscriptions.
    -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -- Ads available for the modules globally
    -- Global modules
    -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

• karlm
      • Jun 2006
      • 5.3.x

Thanks, Joshua. Sadly, the requirement for 3x the sum is a staggering deterrent as it triples the costs, which then makes it less affordable than my current vps. Perhaps you could consider, for the future, opening a package that allows multiple licenses to be used under one roof?
      No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• Joshua Gonzales
        • Apr 2015
        • 5.5.x

Well the support team has no say over those kinds of things, but its always something we could bring up at a meeting.
        -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -- Ads available for the modules globally
        -- Global modules
        -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Any Cloud service is fundamentally different from a traditional hosting service - albeit many hosting services now muddy the waters by branding themselves as cloud services. Most aren't.

A vB Cloud license doesn't buy you space on a server, it buys you an Cloud instance of vBulletin. Just as a traditional self-hosted license buys you one instance of vBulletin.

I can pretty safely say that the pricing model isn't likely to change. Besides, even if it did, where do you draw the line? You can't say "buy one license and run unlimited instances", so it would need a limit. Make it, say, five, and someone will demand that we let them have six as it's only one more and "it's unfair to make me pay for another five when I only want one more". etc etc.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• karlm
            • Jun 2006
            • 5.3.x

Indeed, on the other hand, many cloud suppliers offer incentives

So for example, OneDrive has a massive 1TB of space if you buy the office package annually - so I get office, all updates, etc. etc. and a whacking sum of space for me to drop my junk & files.
            No Addons - none at all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...