• Show
Clear All
  • dangdongho1
    Banned
    • Apr 2018
    • 2.0.x

Bulletin and Domain?

Hey Community,

I thought very long about buying a vBulletin license. I guess I'll go for it since the system just looks outstanding and it seems like it's exactly what I want.

I just got a question about the rules..

I just read that I need to provide the domain where my board will be running on. The thing is I'd like to buy the software, but I ain't got the domain for it yet. Am I allowed to add the domain later and will I be able to change it later?

I hope I understood it correctly, I'm going to buy the vB 4+5 licenses lifetime, right? So limiting to only one domain would be kinda frustrating. I know that I won't be allowed to set up multiple websites with the same license, but what if my ongoing project will change it's name in a few months/years, or maybe I'll shut it down and use my license 4 years later?

So yeah much talk, I'd just like to know if I am allowed to buy a license without providing a domain for it yet, as well if I am allowed to change the domain later.

Regards
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You need to provide a domain to download the software. There is no way around this. You can use a temporary domain like 'http://localhost' if you're going to test on your local machine. You can edit the domain where the software is installed in the Member's Area should it change.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...