Why are you charging extra to remove the branding???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ewok1
    • Mar 2018
    • 5.3.x

Why are you charging extra to remove the branding???

I really like your software, but how you sell it says a lot about the people behind the product....

So just to get this clear...

We are paying for your software, but in order to use it without giving you free publicity, you are asking us to fork out 169 dollars extra???

Did I misread this, or should I start looking at another software provider???
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by ewok1
    I really like your software, but how you sell it says a lot about the people behind the product....

So just to get this clear...

We are paying for your software, but in order to use it without giving you free publicity, you are asking us to fork out 169 dollars extra???

Did I misread this, or should I start looking at another software provider???
    Hello

This is standard practice across most if not all forum software, not to mention lots of other software too.

This is how it's been since we started and it isn't going to change.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• ewok1
      • Mar 2018
      • 5.3.x

..this is not what I was hoping for....disappointing....
      Last edited by ewok1; Thu 8 Mar '18, 6:05pm.

Comment

• In Omnibus
        In Omnibus commented
        Editing a comment
        If you believe "most of the free options offer 95% of what vBulletin offers" you should do more research. That statement isn't even remotely close to accurate.
    • Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by ewok1
      What a TOTAL scam!!! I can imagine what "other" surprises your customers have to deal with with that mentality.

This product is marginally better than the free options....so I would recommend anyone looking at vBulletin, to just search a bit more...this is not a good deal in the long term....most of the free options offer 95% of what vBulletin offers and you don't have to give them free publicity as you do with these people.
      Thanks for your feedback. Free options also require branding to be displayed, as I said this is standard practice across all forum software, and a large proportion of other types of software too. It's not a scam.

Good luck with whatever software you choose to go with.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• ewok1
        • Mar 2018
        • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Mark.B

Thanks for your feedback. Free options also require branding to be displayed, as I said this is standard practice across all forum software, and a large proportion of other types of software too.
        Fair enough.

I'll rephrase my comment

BTW, I see you make it up in other areas...looking at your mobile add on....looks pretty cool

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

For the record the only branding you are required to keep public is the small one line "Powered by vBulletin® Version 5.4.0" in the footer. You could even remove the version number and link so long as you keep "Powered by vBulletin®." The logo image and the favicon can be customized.

Also the branding can't be removed from the PHP files but customers never see those.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...