X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fle@
    • Mar 2002

I ahve a question about your pre sale

Is the next version that people may pay $150 for and offers to be able to convert from UBB going to come with such lame support as seen featured here?

See the last post from your friend Tubedog.

And the fact that the UBB convertion is still no where to be seen.

If you ask me thats a load of bullSh#t.. And your support people need to learn how to deal with... Ummm support instead of getting all pissy.

Does not make me want to buy your junk thats for sure.

Are you a software provider or is this a nickle and dime job? From Tubedogs post my guess is that its Nickle and Dime.

A very unsatisfied customer.

Fle@
  • filburt1
    • Feb 2002

If you are actually a customer, then you wouldn't be posting in this forum. You obviously need to learn some respect yourself. vB was never intended to be an upgrade from any other forums, and I guarantee at least 90% of all of its users use it from a fresh install, not a UBB import.

*knows this thread will be closed soon*
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Fle@
      • Mar 2002

Hey slap nut why don't you read the damn thread I linked then take your foot out off your mouth.

Comment

• filburt1
        • Feb 2002

vB also has an incredible thread reporting system.

Comment

• Fle@
          • Mar 2002

Yea too bad thier 2 week promisies turned in to months. Report me there skippy. What the hell are you anyway? One of those BBS lurkers who get thier rocks off playing tough on a bbs. HAHA

All I ask is reasonable support for a product that was purchased or at least stop BSing and saying its done when its done.

Close this thread thats fine. However the thread I listed above has been seen by many potential customers.

Have a nice day and thanks for playing Mr. BBS Tough Guy.

HAHA

Comment

• filburt1
            • Feb 2002

I can perrsonally vouch for the mods here. In addition to helping the devs write tens of thousands of lines of code for the low price you have to pay, they have to moderate these forums here. Even in my small forums it's quite a task. The devs were constantly being pestered with requests for ezboard/ikonboard/ubb converters and tubedogg just got tired of it. And yes, I read the thread. I read a lot of threads.

Either way, flaming people here won't get a better product. And me personally: as you can see in my signature I have quite a bit of experience administering and installing vBulletin, and I've been a member of one vBulletin board for three years.

And I already did report you, sadly enough the first time I've reported a post here.

Comment

• Sinecure
              • Jul 2001

The developers work unbeleivably hard to make imports for ubb and several other bulletin board systems. You've got to learn that things take time. No matter how angry you might be, slashing at their dignity isn't going to give them insentive to get it done faster.

geezz, some people.
              Board of the Month: November
              Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
              Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
              vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Re: I ahve a question about your pre sale

Originally posted by Fle@
                Is the next version that people may pay $150 for and offers to be able to convert from UBB going to come with such lame support as seen featured here?

See the last post from your friend Tubedog.

And the fact that the UBB convertion is still no where to be seen.

If you ask me thats a load of bullSh#t.. And your support people need to learn how to deal with... Ummm support instead of getting all pissy.

Does not make me want to buy your junk thats for sure.

Are you a software provider or is this a nickle and dime job? From Tubedogs post my guess is that its Nickle and Dime.

A very unsatisfied customer.

Fle@
                I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the way they try to make additional (free) import scripts, so users who change from other forums to vBulletin, can import the posts and/or users.

Thank God I do not see you unsatisfied with vBulletin, because you must agree, it is a great product.

I think one of the reasons why it is in delay is the constant upgrades from UBB which doesn't really help. Rather then releasing several scripts that might confuse users, and maybe not work 100% yet, they take the needed time to create one for a version that doesn't return any weird errors during import. Testing and stuff like that also takes time.

I agree that it doesn't really seem allright to have "two weeks" change into 'two months'. But it also does not help to get all mad about it. If you would have paid for the import script, I could understand it. But now I just do not. Sorry.

Besides this all, I kindly request you to stop swearing and yelling. Thank you.

I do hope you will get a reply from the vB team with some kind of timeline, and hopefully the UBB importer can be released in several days. Maybe you can contact the author of the import script to help him 'test'. If you need it applied now, and are willing to risk errors, I think you might even help them out.

Take a deep breathe, reconsider your options and inform.
                If you already have a vB license, you can post an official sales ticket (or support ticket) with a high priority request? ..

Comment

• Fle@
                  • Mar 2002

My point is don't say two weeks its going to be available and when its not then to say it's done when its done.

You want to back this lack uof customer support up fine. In that case they should just get rid of the support forum all togeather and save them the hassle.

Oh and don't tell me about the pains of moderating a board. Been there and do that on a much more busy board. I still find time to give members a professional response when they ask a question. Especially when it comes down to something I have offered them and given them a time line for when it will be provided.

I have never once told a client "It will be done when its done"

Imagine if you took your shirt to the dry cleaner nd paid for cleaning paid in advance for next day pick up. Do you go thre the next day and first they say tomorow, then the next day they say sorry but tomorrow, then the day after that they say it will be done when its done.

You are left holding a claim ticket and you never know when you might get your shirt, if ever.

Comment

• Fle@
                    • Mar 2002

Re: Re: I ahve a question about your pre sale

Originally posted by xiphoid

Take a deep breathe, reconsider your options and inform.
                    If you already have a vB license, you can post an official sales ticket (or support ticket) with a high priority request? ..
                    Haha that was done over a month ago and was when we heard two weeks turn in to it will be done when its done.

You can see our frustration. Instead of an it will be done when its done atleast a : We have no idea how long it wil take to do this to fit your needs as best we can.

Would have rang a better bell.

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

My point is don't say two weeks its going to be available and when its not then to say it's done when its done.

You want to back this lack uof customer support up fine. In that case they should just get rid of the support forum all togeather and save them the hassle.

Oh and don't tell me about the pains of moderating a board. Been there and do that on a much more busy board. I still find time to give members a professional response when they ask a question. Especially when it comes down to something I have offered them and given them a time line for when it will be provided.

I have never once told a client "It will be done when its done"

Imagine if you took your shirt to the dry cleaner nd paid for cleaning paid in advance for next day pick up. Do you go thre the next day and first they say tomorow, then the next day they say sorry but tomorrow, then the day after that they say it will be done when its done.

You are left holding a claim ticket and you never know when you might get your shirt, if ever.
                      I hope you do not make that many typos, swear and rant that much in your professional replies to the other busy boards .. </flame>

I think you have a 'claim' ticket from the dry cleaner, because you paid for the service.

If you have no idea when a product is done, because it is in development. Then the most logical reply would be 'It is done, when it is done!'. I see no problem with saying that to any of my clients (if i had any).

I do understand your point. You ask about a release, they reply in a timely matter, and they do not deliver. But .. have you asked for a reason ?

Hope this gets resolved for you (and us)

Comment

• Fle@
                        • Mar 2002

Haha jumping on typos. Typical BBS nerds. Read the thread that was linkd in my first message and you tell me who was the one being unprofessional?

Hint read the last post.

Comment

• Fle@
                          • Mar 2002

PS our VB is paid for and licensed. Just cant use it till when ever it will be done when its done rolls around..
                          Last edited by Fle@; Wed 27 Mar '02, 4:18pm.

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

PS our VB is paid for and licensed. Just cant use it till when ever it will be done when its done rolls around..
                            Good for you
                            I also have a owned license, and I am very pleased with it. If I wasn't married to my wife, I would marry kier, john and freddie and the rest of the crew
                            Haha jumping on typos. Typical BBS nerds. Read the thread that was linkd in my first message and you tell me who was the one being unprofessional?

Hint read the last post.
                            I have replied to you in a most normal way, and yes, it amuses me if you type like that and talk all 'professional' about yourself.

I even let you know with the </flame> that it wasn't meant that serious. Instead of getting the hints and going through my replies, you just try to provoke a flamewar with me too. Which is not going to happen. I am not an official vB person, I just tried to help. As I said, hope it resolves for you, but do not expect to much help. Your behaviour doesn't really motivate users to assist you. I also would like you to not call me any names.

Bye bye.

Comment

• NetherChris
                              • Jun 2001

How about we just grow up? If you want a flamefest, go to the counter-strike forums, I'm sure you can find some people who will be willing to listen there.

As for the "it's done when it's done" saying, it actually works quite well. If they gave an exact date, there is a chance that a bad version of the code may be released, there may be more bugs and things like that *cough* infopop *cough*. When the vB team releases a product, you know it is of the highest quality and tested thoroughly, and that it won't wind up failing or malfunctioning when you need it most.

Ever played the computer game Max Payne? Remedy Entertainment had a policy that they would never set a release date for their game until it was done.. not even an estimate. We saw tech demos of the Max-FX engine about 3 years before the game hit the shelves, and they didn't even give us an estimate as to when it would be done. Look where it is now.. I think in the near year it's been out there have been a total of 4 patches all for minor bugs and it is one of the most stable running games I have ever played in my life. Not to mention the fact it's a best seller... the plain reality is that people don't mind waiting for a product if it gets the job done and does a good job at that, which Jelsoft does with vB. Of course I can understand your frustration, but in immortal words,

chill

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...