Is Mobile Suite Bundle Right For Me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mobile Suite Bundle Right For Me?

Good afternoon, everyone! I'm trying to decide between getting a regular vBulletin license vs. the license + Mobile Suite Bundle. I have a few questions:

1. Will this work if I opt to use vBulletin 4 instead of vBulletin 5?
    2. Do I need to hire an app developer in order to integrate this feature, or can I use it right off the bat (I have no development experience when it comes to apps)?
    3. If I don't purchase the Mobile Suite Bundle now, then change my mind later, how much will it cost to purchase that on its own (I don't want to pay $249 now, then $399 later)?

Thank you in advance for your responses!

1. The Mobile Suite works the latest versions of vBulletin 3, 4, and 5, for now. There are features of the Mobile Suite apps that are only available when using vBulletin 5 though.
    2. You do not receive the source code. The app files are generated from a wizard of sorts where you upload your own logos and choose your own colors. Then you download the app and take it from there. There are instructions, but basically you will digitally sign the files (you'll need a Mac computer for the iOS app) and then you will submit the apps to the app stores. You will need your own developer accounts with the app stores, which have their own costs. You should not need a developer for this.
    3. The Mobile Suite can be purchased on its own any time for $199.
    -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -- Ads available for the modules globally
    -- Global modules
    -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Gonzales View Post
      1. The Mobile Suite works the latest versions of vBulletin 3, 4, and 5, for now. There are features of the Mobile Suite apps that are only available when using vBulletin 5 though.
      Thank you for your response! Could you please elaborate on this point? My primary reason for considering this purchase is because I'd like users to receive push notifications. If I select vBulletin 4, will that feature be available? What about the other features?

Thank you for your responses to my other questions as well!

Comment

Originally posted by GettingStarted View Post
        Thank you for your response! Could you please elaborate on this point? My primary reason for considering this purchase is because I'd like users to receive push notifications. If I select vBulletin 4, will that feature be available? What about the other features?

Thank you for your responses to my other questions as well!
        Push notifications are not a feature of vBulletin 4, so they will not work in the app on a vBulletin 4 site.
        vBulletin 4 is no longer being developed, all 'new features' go into vBulletin 5.

MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.0 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X