Protection from spam bots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protection from spam bots?

If I use the cloud option to create a forum, will I be able to use Spam-O-Matic to help deter spam bots, or is there some other method you suggest to help mitigate an admin's effort to protect against spam? Thanks.

Third party products (Add-ons, plugins, mods, themes/styles) are not allowed on vBulletin Cloud for security purposes. vBulletin Cloud uses vBulletin 5 software and vBulletin 5 has built in support for StopForumSpam and Akismet. There are also great human verification options like Recaptcha 2.0.
    -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -- Ads available for the modules globally
    -- Global modules
    -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

vBulletin Cloud (and the download version) has most of Spam-O-Matic's features built-in including access to the StopForumSpam API to check for spam bots at registration. It will also use Akismet for post filtering if you sign up with that service provided by Automattic. The software will even check post edits for spam. You can also provide your own list of keywords to check, ban email domains, ban IP ranges, and more within the software.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your most annoying bugs.
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

In v4 we also used spam-o-matic but since moving to cloud we don't miss it, the options available in v5/cloud are excellent.

Comment

Thanks, great info. Looks like all my concerns have been addressed.

Comment

Working...
          X