No announcement yet.

Some questions before purchasing......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions before purchasing......

Hi !

- After purchasing the forum can I switch to Spanish or do I have to install or download something special ?

- My hosting is just host.com ! Will that hosting work to set up my site with vBulletin ?

- After purchasing is there an instructions manual to setup everything ? Is it easy to understand or is it necessary to be an engineer ;-). ?

- Can you visit and see the forum from tablets and phones without the vBulletin Mobile Suite ?

- Before purchasing there is a note: "Note: For Apple, you must have an Apple Developer Account and access to a Mac OS X Computer, for Android you need to have an Android Developer Account. Please see the Developer programs for specific costs."
    "What does that mean ? Will you indicate what to do in that developer accounts after logged in ? Who will help ?

- Support is included ? (Forum Support
    Included in license cost) What does that mean ? That you will help me in this Forum answering my questions or is there something additional ?

Thanks so much for your help. Im waiting for your answers to decide.

When you download the software, you can choose to download Spanish with it. When the software is installed the first time, it will install the Spanish Language pack.

If your hosting provider has support for PHP 5.6.0 or higher and MySQL 5.5.8 or higher then it should work with vBulletin. We do not evaluate individual hosting providers.

The system comes with instructions in the readme included. Plus there are instructions in the online documentation.

If you want to deploy the Mobile Suite, you will need to purchase developer accounts from Apple and Google separately. These are not included in the price of the software.

Forum Support means you can post support questions in this forum after your initial 30-day ticket support expires. You can also purchase additional ticket support.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

• mrwhitee
      mrwhitee commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you offer hosting for purchased software?

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      We offer vBulletin Cloud. It is specialized service for vBulletin sites. It doesn't offer all the benefits of a full hosting package though. We do not offer SFTP or email addresses for instance.

We offer vBCloud which is a bit different that traditional hosting. We host the site, upgrade and maintain the vBulletin software. You do not need to purchase a separate vBulletin license, it is all part of a monthly or annual vBCloud package. There are some restrictions such as not being able to install 3rd party add-ons and some limits with custom styling, although those will be reduced in upcoming versions.

For more info on vBCloud check here: https://www.vbulletin.com/en/vbulletin-cloud/

If you want the download version of VB5 you will need a web host. You can check out our vBulletin Hosting Options forum for some customer recommend hosts: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...osting-options

Comment