(have members from homemade forum)

Can I add Mobile suite on
    - Vbulletin cloud?

Can I install Swedish as language on
    - Vbulletin cloud?
    - Vbulletin orginal?

Can i install any plugins on
    - Vbulletin cloud?
    (thinking of plugins on this page https://www.vbulletin.com/en/add-ons/ )

Will I be flooded with spam on forum and have to moderate daily?
    Does the anti spam work?

• BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Hello,

I will try to answer in order.

1) Import from a CSV file
    vBCloud - No
    vBulletin Download - Possibly but no longer officially supported. Would require installing VB 4.x first, using open source Impex software, then upgrading to VB 5.x if you wanted.

2) Add Mobile Suite - Yes to both vBCloud and vB Download version. Be aware you must create your own Android and iOS developer accounts with Google and Apple, respectfully. These are not free. Android was $25 (one time fee) and Apple $99 / year last I checked. Also to "sign" your iOS app you need access to a macOS computer.

3) You would need to find or create your own translation, we do not have an official translation. Same for both vBCloud and the download version.

4) Those add-ons are available yes, but 3rd party add-ons like those found on www.vbulletin.org cannot be installed on vBCloud. Nor can 3rd party styles, nor can templates be edited other than CSS. This still allows lots of customization but not a simple as purchasing or downloading an entire style as you can for the download version.

5) Hard to say. My 5 million post VB forum (VB 3.x) goes for months without spam, then we'll get hit hard for a few weeks, then it stops again. Depends on the subject matter and how popular the site gets. Anti-spam measures built in do work in keeping out most automated spammers but very little can be done to keep out human spammers other than a vigilant staff of moderators.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...