X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sribharath
    • Dec 2017
    • 2.0.x

Shifting to vbulletin

I am running a forum https://www.webhostingforums.com/ along with my friend and we are thinking to shift to vbulletin

how easy is the process

do we loose serp rankings when moved

• BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

We have no means to import from Xenforo into vBulletin, you would need to use some kind of 3rd party conversion service such as http://gconverters.com/. This is just one of several, we do not endorse any 3rd party service.

The URL structure of the software is also very different so there would likely be a hit to search engine rankings as new URLs are indexed.

If I may ask, what part of vBulletin was making you consider a change?

Comment

• sribharath
      • Dec 2017
      • 2.0.x

Ok will look in to that

If I may ask, what part of vBulletin was making you consider a change?

The seo part , as far as i see site son vbulletin are ranking higher than xenforo

will look in to the tool and take the decision

thank you

Comment

• Exiligh
        • Jan 2018
        • 5.3.x

Joe, could you answer his question about what part of vBulletin was making you consider a change? please? also thanks for asking the original question!

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Exiligh
          Joe, could you answer his question about what part of vBulletin was making you consider a change? please? also thanks for asking the original question!
          I asked the question in post #2, the answer was given by the thread starter in post # 3. I don't see any unanswered questions remaining. He just neglected to use the "quote" bbcode when answering so It got a bit confusing. He wasn't asking me, he was replying to me.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...