Can My V-Bulltin Provide These Features?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cassiopeia9x
    • Nov 2017
    • 2.2.x

Can My V-Bulltin Provide These Features?

Hey everyone, I run a message board using a very old script called DCForum.
    [Link Removed]

We are looking to transfer to something newer and vbull is my first choice. But before I asked thousands of members to re-register I want to know if these things are possible.

1) Can Pro Boards sort replys under or above the original post? Look at example below
    [Link Removed]

This is probably the biggest ice breaker in this decision. Id be willing to pay anyone that could even make this a plug in. Even if its something close. This is what my members base is use to and its something old school they love.

2) "Like" a reply

3) "Notifications" soon as you log in it tells you if anyone has replied to one of your post.

I know this one can be done, I've seen it on other boards just need instructions on how to enable it or add it.

4) Smart Phone App, is this just an automatic because its a VB?

5) If I purchase V-Bulletin 5 with Connect do we get money back everytime our Message Board App is downloaded?

Thanks for any help! Again, I would pay if anyone could make all 4 of these things happen. Especially
    Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Sun 19 Nov '17, 9:36am. Reason: Malware links removed
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Hello,

I tried clicking on #1's link but m web browser and anti virus warn me against going to the page due to possible malware. I went away and it wasn't a forum but just a page containing advertising, perhaps you entered the wrong URL?

In any case VB5 allows replies (like this) and comments, like I will demonstrate. Multiple comments can be left in any reply if so enabled by the administrator.

2) Like a reply - Yes

3) Yes if you go to your Message Center

4) The Mobile App is not part of VB5 Connect. It is a separate purchase the VB Mobile Suite but it is not required to use the software on mobile as VB5 is responsive and works on mobile devices as well as computer desktop browsers.

5) if you chose to purchase the Mobile Suite, you could choose to sell your app on Apple and Google's app stores and in those cases you would receive some money for each app sale. In practice I know of very few forums who sell their mobile apps however.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      BirdOPrey5 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a comment demonstration. You can make a comment below this by clicking the Comment link above, or reply to my post by clicking Quote.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...