Two servers, two domains - two forum mirrors.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rehbock
    • Nov 2017
    • 4.1.x

Two servers, two domains - two forum mirrors.

Can I install vbulletin on multiple server and / or domains as mirrors of the same forum? What should I change during installation? How do I start mirror synchronization? How to properly issue a license for such an installation?
  • Maltair
    • Feb 2009

That's not a good idea from an SEO perspective, to have identical content on two different websites. For example I keep my testforum directory locked and password protected private, so that it is not visible to search engine 'bots.

Comment

• Rehbock
      • Nov 2017
      • 4.1.x

I need to understand how to synchronize mirror copies of the forum on different servers and different domains? Rating in the search engines does not matter. Is it possible to do this with the standard tools of the engine? What software product should I use and / or what methods? And also how the issue of licensing such systems is being solved.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

If the outside user can't tell you have multiple servers and it just looks like one site then all you need is one license. (You are only running the install.php script once.) If the user can tell you have two or more servers like you have URL servername-east and servername-west, that would need a license for each server.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...