• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pavan02030405
    • Nov 2017
    • 5.0.x

Customizing vbulletin

Hi,

I need few suggestions/recommendations on how to customize pages in forum.
    I want to customize vbulltein forum by changing home page, forums page etc by changing to custom layout, modifying what data to show. Can i directly modify the php files or should i do that by developing modules ?
    If i modify core files how can i upgrade to new versions as the core files will be replaced with new upgrade?
    What is the general practice of customizing pages?

Thanks in Advance,
    pavan
  • napy8gen
    • Jul 2001
    • 6.X

You can customise vb5 using its powerful sitebuilder. no need to edit core files.
    Get Our vbulletin 6 themes

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

To customize style, you can do so using Style Variable Editor and css_additional template in AdminCP (or CSS Editor in Sitebuilder)

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• pavan02030405
        • Nov 2017
        • 5.0.x

If i want to customize my home page with custom sections like below from https://vbmods.rocks/
        Customer Testimonials
        Tag Cloud That Rocks
        Hot Topics

And categories/forums display with images say like football category will have football image and category name
        like in https://www.pokecommunity.com/

What is the suggested way of implementing this. By developing/purchasing mods or can we do this using sitebuilder ?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Much of it can be done with site builder, there are no mods I know of that are necessary to purchase. Custom icons per category are difficult and require significant custom .css compared to earlier versions

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

Originally posted by pavan02030405
            If i want to customize my home page with custom sections like below from https://vbmods.rocks/
            Customer Testimonials
            Tag Cloud That Rocks
            Hot Topics
            Customer Testimonials is basically the existing Content Slider module but I modified it to display author avatar and username.

Tag Cloud That Rocks is a custom Tag Cloud module based off the existing one with enhancements.

Hot Topics is a custom Search module but you can also use the default Search module. Just add a search JSON to search for posts sorted by number of replies in descending order.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment