Method of migrating from ubb.threads (7.5.8 - nothing new, just old and stable version) to vB Cloud?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Conrad
    • Mar 2002

Method of migrating from ubb.threads (7.5.8 - nothing new, just old and stable version) to vB Cloud?

I am interested in becoming a vB Cloud customer for many years to come, but first I need to move my current forum over from ubb.threads.

Is there an import module that can easily handle this? Or do I need to pay a fee for a custom import?

Has anyone gone via this route before and migrated from ubb.threads?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

At this time vBCloud only allows imports for existing vBulletin sites so you would first need to get a vBulletin download licence and use some means to import into that. There is our old Impex software that has been made open source but we no longer support it and we cannot promise it will work- http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ad#post4045829

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
      you would first need to get a vBulletin download licence
      Just to help the OP clarify....

By getting a download license, did you mean to buy a new vB5 license? Or ask someone who has an existing license to temporarily use his license to migrate to vB4? If the former, you might as well use the license you bought and not migrate to vBCloud. If the latter, is that legal?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...