• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solidfuel
    • Oct 2017
    • 5.3.x

VB over PHPBB?

Hello guys,
    I'm new to this forum, and i have a question that i would appreciate if i get an answer.
    I have a website http://cashinbitcoins.com , and i want to install a forum area for it, but i'm not sure if i should go for VB or PHPBB. What advantages does VB have over the latter?
    Thank you
  • delicjous
    • Mar 2014
    • 6.X

I think you have to use google and search for it, because there are not that much people here who know phpbb (because it is a vBulletin product forum). Found 2 or more good and not that old blogs about it.

Comment

• chriske
      • Oct 2008

I converted my phpbb forum to VB almost 10 years ago. No regrets.

it has been to long ago for me to compare the 2 though.
      Please vote for:
      - Lightbox for all uploads
      - Attachment permissions for unregistered users

Comment

• shining
        • Mar 2017
        • 5.2.x

if you just want to use it as a pure forum, then phpbb or vb makes no real difference.

If you are looking for a forum with addons and custom codes, then you should know that there are only a few for vb5 and maybe the well developed open source phpbb software fits better to your needs.

So you should first think of all features your forum should have, than you can look for the best forum software.

Btw: you are running a wordpress site. You can also have some nice forums with bbpress... and most of the tools for it are also open source.

Comment

• solidfuel
          • Oct 2017
          • 5.3.x

thank you guys for all the help! Much appreciated!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...