vb 3.8.3 > VB Cloud questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb 3.8.3 > VB Cloud questions

I own an old forum running vb 3.8.3 that is still relatively active.

I want to upgrade it to vb cloud but have some questions:
    1. Is migration from my version free?
    2. I have paid paypal subscribers, will they be migrated too?
    3. Does vbcloud support paypal subscriptions + subscriber benefits (such as custom titles, privelages, etc)?
    4. Is it possible to get a vbcloud trial (already did one to play around with it), but to use it as a way to start the migration until everything is setup and working and then purchase full vbcloud?

Thanks,
    Last edited by nocturnix; Wed 2nd Aug '17, 12:28pm.
    Gaming Forums: Necrotalk.com | TorBoard.com NEW!

1) Migration requires a commitment. Either 1 year of cloud pre-purchased or a Cloud Migration fee.
    2) All of your users will be migrated. Their usergroup and status will remain the same. Just like a standard vBulletin upgrade.
    3) Yes. Paid Subscriptions and all the features surrounding them are standard features in vBulletin.
    4) The only trial we have is the standard vBulletin Trial. A migration will wipe the existing database. Your migration database will be imported and updated to the latest version.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

1 year commitment is fine, oh one imortant thing. Right now google has flagged my site as a phishing site, i believe it is due to the old version of vbulleting perhaps and some vulnerability there. In any case, if i upgrade to vbcloud will the phishing warning in chrome be removed? The site is 100% legit, i can send you the url in PM if youd like to see for yourself.
      Gaming Forums: Necrotalk.com | TorBoard.com NEW!

Comment

If you migrate to cloud, any exploit present would be removed. However, after migration, you would have to work with Google to have them remove the flag on your site.

Wayne Luke

Comment

The vBulletin 5 trial is near exactly what you will get with vBulletin Cloud: http://www.vbulletin.com/en/vb5-trial/
          There is an option to import the demo/trial during the vBulletin Cloud purchase, but as Wayne said, any migration wipes what is currently on the site, so the demo import would be overwritten when your site is migrated to vBCloud.
          -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -- Ads available for the modules globally
          -- Global modules
          -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

can i use your services for my website in Iran?
            my website is linked on
            فروشگاه طرح و پروژه معماری دیسامگ، با هدف معرفی خود به عنوان بزرگترین و جامع‌ترین مرجع معماری و عمران پا به عرصه نهاده است.

Comment

my concern is about sanctions of my country
            don't you have any problem with it?!

Comment

The license and terms for cloud are outlined in the pages above. The conditions with selling to Iran change depending on the political environment. We update the license agreement to reflect these as needed. Please review the License Agreement and Terms to determine if this is a solution for you.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Working...
              X