X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petertsab
    • Jul 2017
    • 5.3.x

Preseale question.

There is any way to disable (for now) the blogs, articles and groups, and have the buttons dissapear too?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Yes.

You enable Site Builder, go to edit the Navigation Bar.

Click he pencil icon for Groups (for example)

Click the link for Usergroups.

Make sure there is a checkbox next to each group that should see the tab on the Navigation Bar, and no check box next to usergroups who shouldn't see the tab.

Save changes.

Repeat for all other tabs and usergroups.

That should do it. If you don't see the change immediately go to Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Clear System Cache and the changes will become effective immediately.

Comment

• Petertsab
      Petertsab commented
      Editing a comment
      OK great, thanks! I am waiting right now for the confirmation of my cloud account
  • Petertsab
    • Jul 2017
    • 5.3.x

A couple more questions, any way to disable the view of the past posting history of members in their profile?

There is any place I can see the option for giving feedback to a post? Like/do not like and similar? Thanks!

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Petertsab
      A couple more questions, any way to disable the view of the past posting history of members in their profile?
      There's no great way of doing it. It's not a feature you can turn off. You can use CSS to hide the links to view all their past posts, topics, and other content, but the links would still work if a user entered them in manually, and there might be other ways to get to those links I'm not immediately thinking of.

There is any place I can see the option for giving feedback to a post? Like/do not like and similar? Thanks!
      Again, the Like button (and only a Like button) is built in by default. It can be effectively hidden using CSS but it isn't something designed from the start to be turned off.

Comment

• Petertsab
        • Jul 2017
        • 5.3.x

Thank you Joe, I am just starting with this, how easy is to hide all members past history with CSS?

I am interested to see what other options are than just the like button not less.

Can I get paid support with customizing vBulletin cloud?

I placed an order couple days ago but I still did not get a link, when should I expect it?

Thanks again
        All the best,
        Peter

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

If you still haven't received info you should email [email protected] giving what info you can, at a minimum email them from the address you used to make the purchase.

In the mean time you can read up on vBCloud Tips & Tricks here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...ud-tips-tricks

Once your license is confirmed you can ask questions here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...nt-management/ although custom style customization is not generally covered by official support.

For something like hiding the history links I went to the page that displayed it, for example: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/memb...etertsab/about

Right-clicked in my browser over one of the links and brought up Inspect or Inspect Element with my browser tools. I can then see the CSS that I need to edit, so I would add this code to the custom CSS for the style:

Code:
          .profile-widget .widget-tabs.ui-tabs .ui-widget-content a, .profile-widget .widget-tabs.ui-tabs .ui-widget-content a:active, .profile-widget .widget-tabs.ui-tabs .ui-widget-content a:visited { display: none; }
          That will hide those particular links. Again, however, it doesn't stop someone who knows what they are doing from manually entering the URLs and getting the info.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

There are also Privacy settings per user in the User Settings page > Privacy tab. Each user can configure who can see their contact info, activities, etc.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment