• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roadsoda
    • Mar 2016
    • 5.1.x

vBulletin 4 or vBulletin 5 Connect

Hello guys,

Im interested in adding vBulletin to my website, but I don't need all the options of vBulletin 5 Connect such as Homepage, Blogs, Articles and Groups. All I need I need is the Forums area. Should I go ahead and just purchase the vBulletin 4?

If I do purchase the vBulletin 4, for how long will vBulletin support that version (security updates etc..)?

Thanks in advanced!
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

The only licenses we sell are for vBulletin 5 Connect (or vBcloud.) But the VB5 licence allows you to download and install VB4 Forum Only software if you prefer.

There's no way to know for sure how long VB4 will continue to get security updates, I imagine for some time as VB3 still gets security updates as needed, but you need to know all other work on VB4 besides security updates is likely over.

If buying a VB5 license you would be best served using VB5 as the forum and disabling access to Blogs, Articles and other things you don't need.

Comment