• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lactroi
    • Jun 2017
    • 3.6.x

vBulletin and Domain?

Hey Community,

I thought very long about buying a vBulletin license. I guess I'll go for it since the system just looks outstanding and it seems like it's exactly what I want.

I just got a question about the rules..

I just read that I need to provide the domain where my board will be running on. The thing is I'd like to buy the software, but I ain't got the domain for it yet. Am I allowed to add the domain later and will I be able to change it later?

I hope I understood it correctly, I'm going to buy the vB 4+5 licenses lifetime, right? So limiting to only one domain would be kinda frustrating. I know that I won't be allowed to set up multiple websites with the same license, but what if my ongoing project will change it's name in a few months/years, or maybe I'll shut it down and use my license 4 years later?

So yeah much talk, I'd just like to know if I am allowed to buy a license without providing a domain for it yet, as well if I am allowed to change the domain later.

Regards
    Last edited by lactroi; Sun 18 Jun '17, 12:29am.
  • Joshua Gonzales
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.5.x

You need to enter a domain name to download the software. If you do not have one, you can enter http://www.example.com.
    Just be sure to change it, which you can do from the Member's Area, when you have the domain name your installation is located at, even if it just an IP address.
    You need to do this so it does not appear you are using the software illegally.
    If you change your site's domain name, or take the site down and start a new one, just go back to the Member's Area and change the URL associated with the license appropriately.

It seems like you know this, but just in case, even with access to different versions of vBulletin, you can still have only one live installation of the software at a time per license.
    -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -- Ads available for the modules globally
    -- Global modules
    -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...