X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmb7684
    • May 2017
    • 3.5.x

A lot of questions before purchasing

I built our members site back in 2005. I upgraded a few times and then we decided to also add a completely separate public site with a separate forum. All were hosted at the same place. The way I set it up was we had a home page using Word press but the WP forum or registration was closed and not an option. I built to buttons on the page that would hot link to the either the member forum or the public forum depending on what button was clicked. Once clicked I had customized a vbadvance home page to organize the forum.I mistakenly did not upgrade and things ran fine for years. I also had the directory password protected with assigned passwords. Well I am unsure what happened but now I cannot access either forum. I tried to have the host back up to earlier dates and no of the attempts were successful.

On one I get:
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

and on the other I get :
    Database error
    The database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
    • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    • Open the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX home page, then try to open another page.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.
    The www.XXXXXXXXXXXXXX forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

Now I realize this is not the place for technical questions but it is directly related to my new purchase question. I am at a loss of my last vb version I updated to. It has to be 3.5 or close to it. With that said the forum had become dormant for the most part. I believe it was due to the lack of people being able to access the site as things moved more to phones with push notifications our site did not advance. On the user end I am looking for the forum style but an easy read and navigation from phones. I have also been looking into software that we can use on the admin side that allows us to post on facebook, twitter etc at the same time using one program so we dont have to juggle and maintain multiple sites to post the same thing. So my question is a few:

1. Can anyone provide a link to a site I can check out that it set up using VB software that will be similar to our latest needs expressed above?

2. Based on the errors shown above is there anyway I can recover the file and upload it to the new software so we at least do not lose all the old posts? I need to know bc if I have to stat all over I can obviously pick any software.

3. If I make a post if there an option to also update facebook and other social media or is that done separately?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The version of vBulletin that you have installed is most likely incompatible with the versions of PHP that your server is using.

1) We do not track customizations such as this.

2) You'll need to upgrade your installations to more modern versions of vBulletin and update any custom addon products you have.

3) vBulletin 5.X supports posting to Facebook if there is a connected account.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• cmb7684
      • May 2017
      • 3.5.x

I cant log into the vb admin c panel. I can log into the host CP but not my vb c panel to upgrade and its been awhile and my memory on upgrade is rusty but I thought i had to log in to make the adjustment. In this case what would be my total cost for you all to just upgrade one forum to the new version including mobile suite? Please provide the total for the upgrade to the latest vbulletin software as well as mobile suite and a separate cost for you all to install.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Then you will need to contact [email protected] to try and retrieve your customer ID and access to your account here. Then you can post in the appropriate forum for support. We do not give support in the presales forum.

For you to upgrade to vBulletin 5 with the Mobile Suite will be $399.00. For us to install the software it will be an additional $149.00.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...