X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedbird1229
    • May 2017

Looking to create a national car community forum and portal

Hi,

I am going to be creating a national Estonian car community website which should be based on a forum and should contain functions like My Garage where people can upload information about their cars, a possibility to create a video blog like page and perhaps videos shown on the front page of the portal (some sort of video feed on the sidebar or such). The looks of the forum should be something similar to what they have here: http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/

I wonder how to get the My Garage module and are there any ready made designs available to purchase or should we order one from scratch?

Thanks so much.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

vBulletin doesn't contain functionality like My Garage with a default installation. You would have to check at www.vBulletin.org to see if there is an Addon product that fits your needs and progress from there.

vBulletin 4.X comes with a single style but there are a number of styles available at www.vbulletin.org. vBulletin 5.3.0 comes with 15 different styles that you can choose from.

We do not provide customization services for vBulletin at this time. You can find those at www.vbulletin.org.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• rcull
      • Jan 2005
      • 4.2.x

Be prepared for disappointment with all the "Garage" plug ins currently available.

Historically, the nicest one was cdn garage. Unfortunately the developer quite supporting it and no one picked it up. There was a "rides" program that had a solid basic design, but lacks much of what the original "cdn garage" offered. No one seems to be developing it. There is the DTO garage, fairly costly, and the only one I don' t have experience with. But it's web site seems to be abandoned. If it doesn't keep up it's own website, it's tough to think there is any real support.

I would love to find a "Garage" plug in witch would likely be supported for the long term. I have always gone for the paid version and usually send support money when someone has helped me.

Good luck with being happy with anything currently available.

I wish the original cdn garage could have gone open source or something... where it could have had support.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...