X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cfleet2
    • May 2017
    • 4.2.x

Thinking About Going From 4.2 To V5

Can all data be transferred? And is it possible to make it look like our current site? And if so does it automatically do that when you upgrade or transfer data? I had to have my former co-owner build this site. But when our team left for LA so did he. So i have no technical skills to do it. Im just wondering if i make the upgrade if i have to rebuild the theme?

Thanks

Thepowderblues.com
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

All third party plugins and themes for vB4 (and vB3 for that matter) are not compatible with vB5. You have to re-do them.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• cfleet2
      • May 2017
      • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
      All third party plugins and themes for vB4 (and vB3 for that matter) are not compatible with vB5. You have to re-do them.
      Thanks Glenn. I dont think we have a tonne of plugins. The theme was the default theme we just changed the colors. We didnt import a theme as far as i know. Sound like i will need to find someone who can do this line of work for me.

Comment

• cfleet2
      • May 2017
      • 4.2.x

I cant for some reason. lol So i sent you a message on FB. lol

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by cfleet2
        I cant for some reason. lol So i sent you a message on FB. lol

You can't because your account isn't showing up as licensed. Log into your Member's Area at https://members.vbulletin.com and add the email address you used to register your forum account in the list of emails under Priority Forum Support. It will take up to one hour after that to be confirmed as licensed and have access to post in support forums and use the PM system.

Comment