X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zebios
    • Feb 2017
    • 4.1.x

Some questions

Hello have a few questions I hope you can answer. I appreciate it.

1. Is there a way for people to make a poll in a post. NOT in the original post but in a subsequent post?

2. Is there a way to hold a contest with people rating other members 1 to 10 and then see an average of their ratings? OR make a thread and have a poll RATE, not vote yes or no but actualy rate 1 - 10 on each choice?

3. Can people vote on a poll with NO membership?

3. Can you allow people to register, make a profile page but NOT allow them to post until they pay a fee? If yes, can this be done automatically so once they pay they can post with no interaction from me/admins.

4. Is there any way to stop a spammer like the one that just posted tons of threads about colleges?

Thank you for your time and all your knowledge.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Hello

1. No - polls are attached to the thread, not to a post.
    2. Only way would be with a poll set with the options being 1-10. You wouldn't get an average of the ratings though.
    3. No.
    4. In theory, you can change the permissions on the default usergroup to deny permission to post until they buy a subscription, then have that subscription promote them to a new usergroup you created which does allow posting.
    5. There's no magic button to block spammers. You can set up the anti-spam options in the admincp, you can also set Recaptcha or good Q&A, but ultimately you cannot 100% stop spammers - some of them are not bots but actual humans who are paid to get round spam defences and manually post spam.

MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...