Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Under backup, you just want to click on your database name. It will create and download of that database only. We do not need or want your home directory.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• TravelTalk
      • Jun 2013
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Under backup, you just want to click on your database name. It will create and download of that database only. We do not need or want your home directory.
      Wayne I believe one of the 3 files I downloaded or Exported is the database.

But now Under the Back up button ( Not back up wizard ) I have these Options, Which one do I download ??

Thanks Full Backup

A full backup creates an archive of all of your website’s files and configuration. You can use this file to move your account to another server or to keep a local copy of your files.

Download a MySQL Database Backup

Comment

• TravelTalk
        • Jun 2013
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by TravelTalk

Wayne I believe one of the 3 files I downloaded or Exported is the database.

But now Under the Back up button ( Not back up wizard ) I have these Options, Which one do I download ??

Thanks Full Backup

A full backup creates an archive of all of your website’s files and configuration. You can use this file to move your account to another server or to keep a local copy of your files.

Download a MySQL Database Backup
        I'm guessing that it's the MySQL Database Backup, since the file name is Sportsg_forum

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

The Backup icon and the Backup Wizard icon are both there, you can use either though Backup gives quicker access.

You need to know the name of your forum's database.

Go to Backup and then click on the database name to download it.

Ideally you will have closed your forum in the vBulletin Options before clicking on the download database option. If you re-open your forum before it is migrated be aware any posts made between the time the backup is made and the account becomes live of vBCloud will be forever lost.

You also need to check if your attachments and avatars are stored in the database or the file system. If they are in the file system you need a zip file of the attachments directory (the zip file will have the folders named 1,2,3,4...9) and the avatar directory will have all your custom uploaded avatars and a thumbnail directory inside it.

These are the 3 files (1 database, 1 attachments, and 1 avatars) we need. if there are no attachments or no avatars or you don't want to keep them then we don't need them, users would have to upload new avatars and any attachments used in posts would be missing but new ones will work.

When you're at the point of migration we can help you in a support ticket if there is an issue with these things.

Comment

• TravelTalk
            • Jun 2013
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
            The Backup icon and the Backup Wizard icon are both there, you can use either though Backup gives quicker access.

You need to know the name of your forum's database.

Go to Backup and then click on the database name to download it.

Ideally you will have closed your forum in the vBulletin Options before clicking on the download database option. If you re-open your forum before it is migrated be aware any posts made between the time the backup is made and the account becomes live of vBCloud will be forever lost.

You also need to check if your attachments and avatars are stored in the database or the file system. If they are in the file system you need a zip file of the attachments directory (the zip file will have the folders named 1,2,3,4...9) and the avatar directory will have all your custom uploaded avatars and a thumbnail directory inside it.

These are the 3 files (1 database, 1 attachments, and 1 avatars) we need. if there are no attachments or no avatars or you don't want to keep them then we don't need them, users would have to upload new avatars and any attachments used in posts would be missing but new ones will work.

When you're at the point of migration we can help you in a support ticket if there is an issue with these things.
            Ok, I think I have it anyway. The only think I didn't do was closed the forum because it's not really active at this time. ( nobody posting )
            because I haven't even tried to promote the site at all. the only ones that have registered are probably spammers so I just ban them after I check ips.

also Like I said I do not have any files/folders that I have uploaded for Avatars and there are no current attachments that have been used. It's a totally new forum with some Mod accounts, plus Admin. user

Thank you

Comment