Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imahawki
    • Aug 2007

How to build home page, do I have the right license type

I'll try to keep this short. I bought vBulletin back in 2007 and upgraded to vBulleting 4.x in 2011. I've been trying to grow my site more recently doing better SEO etc. Any way, I've always had a generic landing index page that just has my logo on it and when you click the logo it takes you to the forum home. But I see other forums that have this home page that shows like recent posts and top stories and that kind of thing and it looks auto generated by the software. So I google it and I find a thread here on this forum talking about how its all built into the publishing suite. So I start looking and it doesn't look like I have that. So I go into the member area and where I can download the software it says

Edit License
    Download vBulletin 4 Forum Only
    Download vBulletin 3
    Download vBulletin Mobile Style Premium
    Upgrade/Renew

Does this mean I don't have the publishing suite? Does that mean I need to upgrade to get it? If I upgrade, will I get the ability to build a home page that contains elements from the forum? Is this all configurable or do I have to know how to code?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

You do not have the publishing suite. You could contact [email protected] if you are interested in upgrading only to the Publishing Suite. If you upgrade to a VB5 license then you will get access to VB4 Publishing Suite if you wanted to use that instead.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...