X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • susanje1119
    • Jan 2017
    • 5.2.x

Switching to Cloud

I sent sales an email but haven't heard from them. I currently run 4.2.3. I use the forums for a private support space when I run groups. So it can go unused for months and then only a handful of people use it for a few months (until the group ends). When I tried to reset the forum today it keeps defaulting to a link that no longer exists and nothing I do in settings will override it.

It's not that this error is so horrible but every single time I run this, it seems there is always "something" that takes hours of attention. I was thinking of upgrading and when I was checking out the options when the cloud option caught my eye.

Is it just a matter of having vBulletin host the forum? Do I still need to buy the software? How is support? Does the software work the same? Would this be a solution to some of the issues that I find happens every time I run the forum? Thanks for any answers.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

If you purchase vBCloud you do not need an additional license, the monthly fee covers everything except a custom domain name should you want one. You can use *something*.vbulletin.net for no additional cost.

vBCloud will always be the latest version of vBulletin 5.x which has a significantly different look and feel than VB 4.2.3. In addition you cannot use custom add-ons on vBCloud.

If you can live with those restrictions than vBCloud is a great choice to not have to worry about installing and maintaining the software and just having a forum for when you need it.

- Also I assume Sales got back to you by now and told you the same but if they didn't, did you get a ticket id number after sending your email? If you didn't get a ticket id returned within a few minutes then our system didn't get your email for whatever reason.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...