Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bindas Choudhary
    • Nov 2016

Want to purchase but have some doubt

hi, I am from India. I want to buy vBullentin license {site+mobile} but I have some doubt. Can anyone explain ?

1. I want to install on my own domain and hosting. What will price for this license ?
    2. Can I insert advertisement according to my wish ? {Google Adsense, Infolinks & Taboolla}
    3. Can I edit CMS Code and make some changes?
    4. Can I control on user about the new post, forum etc? Because spammer or link builder will create the useless topic and get traffic and backlinks from my website. so if I can create some user levels {Begineers, advanced, 2nd, 3rd levels} then i will sure purchase.
    Build a community website with the leading forum software, vBulletin 5 Connect, or in the cloud on vB Cloud!
    Last edited by Mark.B; Tue 8 Nov '16, 5:20am.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Hello

Yes, you can install on your own domain, the hosting needs to meet the minimum requirements.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Bindas Choudhary
      • Nov 2016

Please reply of remaining points
      2. Can I insert advertisement according to my wish ? {Google Adsense, Infolinks & Taboolla}
      3. Can I edit CMS Code and make some changes?
      4. Can I control on user about the new post, forum etc? Because spammer or link builder will create the useless topic and get traffic and backlinks from my website. so if I can create some user levels {Begineers, advanced, 2nd, 3rd levels} then i will sure purchas

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

2. Yes - the Site Builder allows you to place Ad Modules into the pages and then add whatever code you wish to add to them (custom, Adsense etc.)
        3. You can edit the layout of the page or change the layout of the page. You also get access to all the templates and code so you can further tweak the appearance of your site
        4. You can create different usergroups and set some to be moderated and others not. Using the built in promotions system, you can then move users from a moderated group to a non-moderated group after x number of posts - or choose to move them manually.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Bindas Choudhary
          • Nov 2016

currently, I am using your demo version but not able to do code edit and user moderate. Can you tell me about the same problem? Please explain about vBulletin 5 Connect + Mobile Suite Bundle payment. How much amount will be required to buy complete license ? will I able to do code edit and module in 399$ or will be required extra amount for Ad module

What is difference between new version and upgrade version?
          Attached Files

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

You cannot edit files in the demo but you can in the download version you will purchase.

Advertising modules are included in the price.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

With the $399 license which is VB5 Connect + the Mobile Suite you get full access to the source code of VB5 Connect and can edit it as much as you want, however the more you edit files the harder it will be to keep up to date. There is a built in Extensions system which allows for some modification without editing default files which you should use if at all possible. A demo of this comes in the download package in a "do_not_upload" folder.

The Mobile Suite code you do not see and you cannot edit that code. The Mobile Suite you can choose custom colors and upload custom logos but otherwise it is not editable.

Comment