• blrjohn07
    • Feb 2010
    • 3.8.x

Buying VB5 with professional Installation

Hi VB Team,

My forum link www.bangalorebikers.in
    Running vb version : 5.2.3
    Running on VBCloud hosting.

The major issue for my forum is the "Tapatalk" compatibility. Since VBCloud doesn't allow to install third party plugin so I am looking for an alternative hosting server.

I have noticed a reply from Trevor Hannant in this thread

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
    You'll need the Linux Deluxe plan as a minimum - vB5 just won't work on anything lower.
    Right now I have selected Linux Ultimate plan from godaddy. Will this be sufficient to run VB 5.2.3 or higher smoothly ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_68335.jpg Views:	1 Size:	248.5 KB ID:	4354165

If VB team says "Yes" then I will go ahead with the Lixum Ultimate plan.

If I purchase VBulletin 5 with professional installation package then will VB Team shift my forum from the current vb cloud to the godaddy server ? My requirement is VB team should install vb5 latest version to godaddy server and transfer database there so that forum works as it is.

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward.

Regards
    John
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

The plan should be adequate to install vBulletin but we can't promise you any host will "run smoothly." It depends on the amount of server power and traffic you have. GoDaddy is a discount host and these are all shared hosting plans. Shared hosting is generally for small and new forums. If your forum generates any substantial traffic you either need to be with a really good (more expensive) shared host or have a more powerful hosting plan such as a VPS or even a dedicated server.

We have a forum on this site dedicated to vBulletin Hosting Options, I would advise posting and reading that forum for more info on hosts. We do not make official recommendations.

Comment

• blrjohn07
      • Feb 2010
      • 3.8.x

Thank you for your response BirdOPrey5

If above mentioned godaddy plan is enough to run vb5 then I would like to give a try. If at all I am not satisfied then I will buy VPS from godaddy. Now my question is,

Will VB Team provide the complete support to shift my forum from current vbcloud to godaddy server ? I will buy VB5 with professional installation package. I am not aware of shifting database so I will need complete support from VB Team.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Yes if you purchase the professional install/upgrade with your VB5 license our techs will move your site from vBCloud to the GoDaddy account. When you purchase the professional install there is a "Worksheet" you need to fill out in the Member's Area after purchase. In the notes of the Worksheet be sure to put in all the info for logging into your GoDaddy account to make it go quicker.

Comment

• blrjohn07
          • Feb 2010
          • 3.8.x

I have purchased the VB5 with professional installation package on 12th Oct 2016. I have updated the worksheet in Members area as well. I have received the below email from vb support team.

Click image for larger versionName:	Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 23.24.24 (2).pngViews:	1Size:	42.4 KBID:	4357065

Its been 7 days and my forum is still not moved to the new server.

Can you help me out on this BirdOPrey5 ? Its very urgent as I have our club anniversary event coming up shortly. More than 70% members are not active due to tapatalk not supporting. Can you please help me to move my forum to new server a bit fast ?

Comment

• blrjohn07
            • Feb 2010
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by blrjohn07
            I have purchased the VB5 with professional installation package on 12th Oct 2016. I have updated the worksheet in Members area as well. I have received the below email from vb support team.

Click image for larger versionName:	Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 23.24.24 (2).pngViews:	1Size:	42.4 KBID:	4357065

Its been 7 days and my forum is still not moved to the new server.

Can you help me out on this BirdOPrey5 ? Its very urgent as I have our club anniversary event coming up shortly. More than 70% members are not active due to tapatalk not supporting. Can you please help me to move my forum to new server a bit fast ?
            My forum is still not moved from VBCloud ? Can I expect some response from VBTeam on this ?

Comment