X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adapa
    • Sep 2016
    • 5.2.x

SMF 2.0.11 to vB5, Data Base migration?

I am considering moving my forum to vB. I run SMF & have since 2013. We currently have 180689 Posts in 5997 Topics by 5111 Members.
    Thankfully I also have a great admin who is capable of setting up vB and most likely migrating our data base over.
    Given the level of technical experience and the size of our data base, we are looking for a way to do the migration ourselves. Can someone point the way to a set of "how to" instructions for migrating the DB over from SMF 2.0.11 to vB5?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

There is no way to import directly into VB5. You can install VB4 and import into VB4 using the Open Source Impex tool we have made available. Instructions on obtaining and using Impex are here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ad#post4045829

We do not officially support Impex but we will help answer questions if we can.

Once the import is complete and everything is working, you can then upgrade to VB5 if you wish.

A VB5 license will provide access to all prior versions of vBulletin so installing VB4 first is no big deal.

Comment

• adapa
      • Sep 2016
      • 5.2.x

thx Joe D
      that looks like what we're looking for. if we have any more questions i'm sure we'll ask

Comment