• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • @teriakis
    • Aug 2012
    • 4.2.X

Give away free licenses to Developers

Hello,

I believe that the one of the main reasons that vBulletin 5 lacks of popularity that it deserves, is because a few only Developers/Designers have supported this version.

Have you ever think that there are Coders/Designers who want to code/design for vB5 but they can't afford to pay $209 to upgrade their license? Don't you think that, especially those who have proven in the past their support to vBulletin, deserve the right (let's say like an award) to get a free license for vBulletin 5?

Finally giving away a license, does not really costs anything to you.

Thank you
    Christos Teriakis
    aka NickTheGreek, ChrisTERiS, MicroHellas in my 10 years vB support (as addon coder) service
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

This has come up many times before, over the years.

I can say with some certainty, that we aren't going to be giving away free licenses. Sorry.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• @teriakis
      • Aug 2012
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
      This has come up many times before, over the years.
      It was just a suggestion. And my 40 years experiance in Business says that a company must be flexible and change things according to many factors.
      Yes, sure. Some years ago vBulletin was the leader, so no reason to do such things (even if I believe that a "prize" to those who work free to support the software is a must).

But now? Maybe vBulletin is still a good (for me very good) software. But this is thanks to earlier versions (3x and 4x) and not to vB5.

Anyway.....

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Thank you for your feedback. We will take it under consideration.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...