X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karlm
    • Jun 2006
    • 5.3.x

Purchase full suite now - use later?

Hi All, I'm moments away from purchasing VB5...

But, as ever, I have questions.

At this moment, I'm not willing to splash out a small fortune on the full suite with the mobile bundle to then have to splash out another $120+ on android & Apple developer access.

Soooo - the question is fairly simple...

IF I am to purchase the full kit and opt to NOT use the mobile suite yet... can I make use of the support month when I decide to use the apps?

It seems a bit tight to be honest that only one month is now given for ticket support... in the past, ticket support was for the life of the product and not limited to a 30 day period.
    VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.
  • karlm
    • Jun 2006
    • 5.3.x

To elaborate - I would install the vb5 suite moreorless straightaway (within a month or so at least) but it might be a few months before I get around to spending yet more money on an annual account that I'm unlikely to ever use again.

Also, I do not have access to a Mac, let alone one with OS X.. so is there no way around that problem?

I mean, this technically means that I not only spend money on the new vb5, I then purchase an annual dev account x2 (apple/android) but then I'd have to go buy a Mac with OS X on it too - which is God knows how much...
    No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

The prices are one-time fees and you get perpetual access to vBulletin. You can deploy now or six months from now. The cost is the same.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• karlm
        • Jun 2006
        • 5.3.x

Wouldn't I need to renew the Apple & Android Developer fees ($99 & £25) annually, else they vanish from their respective market-place?

And what happens if I don't have OS X access? I literally do not know a single person with one that I could even borrow for a few hours...
        No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by karlm
          Wouldn't I need to renew the Apple & Android Developer fees ($99 & £25) annually, else they vanish from their respective market-place?

And what happens if I don't have OS X access? I literally do not know a single person with one that I could even borrow for a few hours...
          You need a developer account and yes you need a MAC. Those rules are implemented by Apple, not us, there's nothing we can do about that. That is how Apple's business model works.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• karlm
            • Jun 2006
            • 5.3.x

Yep - I don't think I was laying blame on VB...

Regardless, that settles the concerns - no point paying extra for something I'm not able to use.
            No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by karlm
              Yep - I don't think I was laying blame on VB...

Regardless, that settles the concerns - no point paying extra for something I'm not able to use.
              You can always add it on later when / if you need it.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Craig
                • Jan 2008
                • 6.X

With the responsive design of the software, why would you want/need the mobile bundle?
                adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  Wayne Luke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is a valid question... I guess it depends on the customer.
              • karlm
                • Jun 2006
                • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Mark.B

You can always add it on later when / if you need it.
                Aye, if I get around to purchasing a Mac with OSX... which I doubt. But, as you say, the option is there.

NumNum, quite - although the s/w does seem to work adequately for the main part it is 'clunky' to say the least... well, it is in vb4. It's missing a variety of obvious links (today's posts, for eg.) and not exactly what most would consider as 'user friendly'. When I'm mobile I usually go for the PC site instead as it's just more intuitive.
                No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• karlm
                  karlm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ooh! This is kinda odd - a bit like the old 'threaded replies' I supposed?

• karlm
                  karlm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is there a limit to these comments/replies?
              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...