X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrome700
    • Apr 2016
    • 5.1.x

Creating Users

Looking to create an internal company forum and I'm wondering: Is there a way of disabling any option to have some random person join and only create users manually?

In lieu of that, can I specify any custom fields that need to be filled on registration?

Last edited by chrome700; Fri 8 Apr '16, 5:55pm.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Yes, public registration can be disabled.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• chrome700
      • Apr 2016
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
      Yes, public registration can be disabled.
      Thanks.

Two more questions:
      1. Could we instead allow public registration, but have several custom fields in the registration form?

2. Have just created said forum, we're having difficulty assigning admin privileges beyond the initial account. Any help?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

1. Yes, you can add profile fields (text boxes, radio buttons, menu options) which are required or simply displayed at registration

2. To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

If you still have problems after doing this, send an email to [email protected]. Please include your user name, the email address you registered with and your customer number so we can fix the problem.

Once you've done the above, please post in the appropriate forum for the version you've installed or raise a ticket on the above email address.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• chrome700
          • Apr 2016
          • 5.1.x

Working on that. I'm not the actual account holder but will be doing some admin work behind the scenes. Have sent two requests to the account holder to come over here and register.

In the meantime, there's still only one account to which we've been able to extend admin privileges,

Edit: Got the email that I've been added to the account. Hopefully that change doesn't take too long to register.
          Last edited by chrome700; Fri 15 Apr '16, 6:53am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...