Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rodeleo Corpus
    • Mar 2013

Xenforo to vBulletin importer

I've been scouring over the internet looking for an importer that can be of use. Sadly, maybe my google skills aren't as good as someone elses. I currently have Xenforo, and was planning to switch back to vB (yes I had it before). But I haven't found an importer, and like anyone else, I don't want to lose any of my content. Suggestions?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

I'm sorry I am not aware of any current, working, Xenforo to vBulletin importer. There is an Impex module on www.vbulletin.org for XF to VB imports but it is only for very old 1.0.x versions of XF and does not work on current XF versions.

You can find out more about Impex here- http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...re-to-download - perhaps you can import XF to one of the systems compatible with Impex, and then import into VB4.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Rodeleo Corpus
      I've been scouring over the internet looking for an importer that can be of use. Sadly, maybe my google skills aren't as good as someone elses. I currently have Xenforo, and was planning to switch back to vB (yes I had it before). But I haven't found an importer, and like anyone else, I don't want to lose any of my content. Suggestions?

If you are really intent on switching back to vBulletin, I would suggest porting it over to a second software compatible with Impex and then re-importing it a second time to vBulletin. Basically a double import.

Just make sure you make a back up before doing this.
      "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
        • Jun 2004
        • 5.1.x

This is an epic fail on VBulletins part.

IPB and Xenforo allow for ports to their software from other software using either separate or built in port software they support. Vbulletin relies on the old IMPEX importer that is no longer supported and pretty irrelevant for most people now.

VBulletin obviously doesn't have the time, resources, or desire to want people to port over without you paying someone for it. And double imports are crap as you tend to lose things or break things in the process.

Vbulletin. How the mighty have fallen.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...