X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Balkins
    • Feb 2016
    • 4.2.x

Why should i purchase VBulletin?

Why should someone purchase Vbulletin vs. mybb (free or the paid version) ?

I get charged per forum site that i put up and no discounts for any future sites?

• William Thomas Jr
    • Nov 2014
    • 5.1.x

Hi Balkins,

Personally, I spent more money using open source than commercial software. By time I added the templates, components, modules, and plugins to the overall cost. The constant security patches and upgrades made all the mentioned items a never ending struggle to keep up. The number one reason for me, or rather the more preferable aspect of Commercial software has to do with the staff working on it. I don't want everybody contributing to the code. I was quite sick of security exploit after security exploit month after month. And I am not suggesting that any software is bullet proof, but I am suggesting that some can't hold water.

I really enjoy Vbulletin after a year of working with it, and Vb has given me the opportunity to focus on content and other administrative aspects of the site while the Vb staff works on what I used to battle day in and day out.

William

Comment

• Mario3
      • Mar 2016
      • 5.0.x

Originally posted by Balkins
      Why should someone purchase Vbulletin vs. mybb (free or the paid version) ?

I get charged per forum site that i put up and no discounts for any future sites?
      I would say because VB is the best forum software I have tried and the others just seem to come with too many headaches plus there's lots of support material for VB.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

vBulletin discounts begin with the purchase of a 3rd license and the discount is automatically applied in the shopping cart.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...