Are there any examples of vB Cloud Forums?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yomladin
    • Feb 2016

Are there any examples of vB Cloud Forums?

Hello everyone,

I am thinking to get the vB Cloud forum as I am an absolute beginner and do not know almost anything about hosting, html coding and anything else. Basically I don't know what am I getting. I have tried to find some examples but couldn't really. It might be that people do not use "name.vbulletin.com domain or that the cloud based forum is not really popular so there are not many at all.
    • Are there any examples of cloud forums?
    Please post links of your cloud based forums or those you know about.

Thank you

• glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

There is no difference between vBCloud and self-hosted version as far as frontend is concerned. So if you see a self-hosted version like this support forum, then essentially it's the same as vBCloud. You may see extra features on self-hosted version that has third-party plugins but as far as the default features are concerned, they are the same.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• yomladin
      • Feb 2016

Thank you Glenn. Well, it is not the only concern. There is one more. I live in China where all Google services are blocked. Because of that, for example, wordpress.org doesn't work. I assume wordpress.org is somehow linked to some Google services.

An example of cloud based vbulletin would help me to determine does it work in China and how.

So the question is still active, please let me know are there any examples of vbulletin cloud based forums that I can check out?

Comment

• Skyyg Skyg
        Skyyg Skyg commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you speak Chinese?

• yomladin
        yomladin commented
        Editing a comment
        Do not really speak but I can pronounce a couple of Chinese words.
    • BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

As support staff we have several example sites that use the vbulletin.net domain, but sites can use custom domains if they want:

Mine: http://sedona.vbulletin.net
      Lynne: http://mudslide.vbulletin.net/
      Wayne: http://rabidbadger.vbulletin.net

We generally don't provide customer sites as examples without explicit permission.

Comment

• yomladin
        • Feb 2016

Joe D, thank you for posting those sites! While connecting (actually trying to connect) to ajax.googleapis.com, the forum slows down. At the end pages are loaded while some other services do not work at all. Some work better. It is kind of inconvenient but I might be testing vbulletin for a month anyway. It is the best value I have found and it works in general. Maybe design of the forum landing page is a little bit old fashioned.

For the custom domain, I understood it can be added later.

Comment

• Skyyg Skyg
          Skyyg Skyg commented
          Editing a comment
          Again, this problem has troubled me, I am in China.
      • Skyyg Skyg
        • Nov 2015
        • 5.5.x

How jQuery library handling configuration is set to Do not load the jQuery library
        Last edited by Skyyg Skyg; Fri 19 Feb '16, 6:53am.
        WTF

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

In AdminCP > Settings > Options > Server Settings and Optimization Options, you can change jQuery to use the local version or other CDN location in the "Use Remote jQuery" option. You can also set "Custom Remote jQuery Path" if you want.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

What Glenn describe, changing the provider for the jquery package, is only available in the download version of VB5. You cannot make any changes like this in the vBCloud version. It hasn't really been an issue before.

Comment

• yomladin
              • Feb 2016

Unfortunately I paid the service and didn't get even a confirmation email from Vbulletin. It was 5 days ago.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

Send an email to [email protected] with any info you have about your purchase to see what is going on- usually if a customer doesn't get any notice it's a typo in their email, but only our sales department can tell for sure.

You should get an email with a ticket number back shortly after sending the email, if you don't use the online form here- http://www.vbulletin.com/en/contacts/

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by yomladin
                  Thank you Glenn. Well, it is not the only concern. There is one more. I live in China where all Google services are blocked. Because of that, for example, wordpress.org doesn't work. I assume wordpress.org is somehow linked to some Google services.

An example of cloud based vbulletin would help me to determine does it work in China and how.

So the question is still active, please let me know are there any examples of vbulletin cloud based forums that I can check out?
                  Due to laws regarding company ownership that the Chinese government has put into place, we cannot guarantee that vBulletin Cloud sites are available inside the country. You would be better off with the download version and hosting it on an approved Chinese server.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Craig
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 6.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
                    As support staff we have several example sites that use the vbulletin.net domain, but sites can use custom domains if they want:

Mine: http://sedona.vbulletin.net
                    Lynne: http://mudslide.vbulletin.net/
                    Wayne: http://rabidbadger.vbulletin.net

We generally don't provide customer sites as examples without explicit permission.
                    All those sites have custom backgrounds except for Wayne. How is that possible without root access?
                    adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      vBCloud also has File Manager where you could upload images that you could use as background, banner or icons on the site.

• Craig
                      Craig commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Now it makes sense with the file manager. Glenn, slideshow probably would work since there are files needed in the forum directory.

• Craig
                      Craig commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Replicant!
                  • Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

My cloud demo site is

Nothing on that is done with anything other than 'normal customer' access.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                      BirdOPrey5 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would have posted yours too Mark but I can never get the spelling right.
                  widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...