X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmquist
    • Jan 2006
    • 5.7.X

Is this possible in vB5?

I have not yet moved from vB4 to vB5 mainly because the removal of the tree view which i found crucial for my site. Since I want to move over to vB5 i have been trying to figure out solutions that would make it possible without the tree view.

My question is if the solution I am thinking about here is possible to do in vB5. I will pay someone to do it if possible, the question is only if it can be done.

In the picture I have made a sketch of how I think.

Click image for larger version

Name:	example vb5.png
Views:	42
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	4331340

I want the replys compressed to 1 line (3.) by default with only date (6.), expand (5.), author in small letters (2.) and a symbol if there are attached files (4.)
    Maybe it would be good to be able to expand all replys (1.)

Is this possible? Is it complicated?

Regards / PerOla
    Attached Files
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

I think this can be done using Javascript and CSS.

How do you want it to look like in mobile or small screens?

PM me so we can discuss futher.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• pmquist
      pmquist commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Glenn!
      I will get back to you in a PM next week, but first a question. Is java something that works in all environments? iPads, AndroidPads etc? Or am I forced to have a separate mobile interface?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

The official VB answer is that then software was not designed to work like that and any changes made would not be officially supported. Whether you can find someone who is able to make it work like you want or not is between you and them, Good luck with your search, it looks intriguing.

Comment

• pmquist
      • Jan 2006
      • 5.7.X

Joe D: Trying to respond to your answer by comment but I get an errormessage that text is required so I try it this way instead.
      ---
      Thank you. I think???
      I understand that big mods are not supported. But is what I am asking for a mod or is it a CSS-question?
      Which parts of my question is it that would demand "not supported work"? Is it all of it or is there parts that would be able to get done by a good CSS-designer?
      And the answer that if I can find someone to do it is between me and them does not sound right. It can´t be between me and them until I found someone to talk to about it. A better answer would be to point me in the direction where I could find someone to talk to and then inform me that it would be between me and them.
      Earlier you vB-staff would point to the vB-org area. Do you still want mods to be done or is that past time?
      I dont mean to be rude but I was a little bit puzzled by the response and would appreciate an honest answer. / PerOla

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

Originally posted by pmquist
        Thanks Glenn!
        I will get back to you in a PM next week, but first a question. Is java something that works in all environments? iPads, AndroidPads etc? Or am I forced to have a separate mobile interface?
        Java is not the same as Javascript.

Javascript works in all browsers in all environments including touch devices.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• pmquist
          pmquist commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Glenn, I will PM you as soon as I can!
      • BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by pmquist
        Joe D: Trying to respond to your answer by comment but I get an errormessage that text is required so I try it this way instead.
        ---
        Thank you. I think???
        I understand that big mods are not supported. But is what I am asking for a mod or is it a CSS-question?
        Which parts of my question is it that would demand "not supported work"? Is it all of it or is there parts that would be able to get done by a good CSS-designer?
        And the answer that if I can find someone to do it is between me and them does not sound right. It can´t be between me and them until I found someone to talk to about it. A better answer would be to point me in the direction where I could find someone to talk to and then inform me that it would be between me and them.
        Earlier you vB-staff would point to the vB-org area. Do you still want mods to be done or is that past time?
        I dont mean to be rude but I was a little bit puzzled by the response and would appreciate an honest answer. / PerOla
        Even custom CSS is not supported- if you had trouble with your site we would trouble shoot it off the default style (or any of the default themes) and with no add-ons/extensions loaded.

I just want to be clear that even though someone is offering to help you here on the official forums that the official policy is we do not provide support for such customization.

Had you not already found someone apparently willing to help I would have directed you to vBulletin.org, but it seemed to me you already had someone very competent and willing already.

Comment

• pmquist
          pmquist commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Joe,
          Then i understand what you mean. You made me confused there fore a while.
      • BoberDjek
        • Oct 2015
        • 5.1.x

Hi, can you 5 Version done in full compliance both layouts, if not then, is it possible to version 4, or on the WB is impossible to do? need full compliance

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

I'm sorry i don't understand, compliance with what?

Comment

• BoberDjek
            • Oct 2015
            • 5.1.x

that the forum was the same as in the pictures

full compliance It is possible to implement?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

I'm sorry I don't understand the questions or the pictures. What I can tell you is if this site isn't compliant with whatever you are looking for then neither will be the download version you buy.

Comment