X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don0tto
    • Oct 2015
    • 5.1.x

Transferring to vbulletin

I am currently on Phpbb was on Proboards for a while but I am considering transferring from phpbb to VB. A few questions I have

1. Can I transfer from phbpp to VB without losing any members or posts

2 what is the difference between a monthly plan and a regular license

3 which license is the best
  • Up2Vex
    • Sep 2015
    • 3.6.x

What version of vBulletin do you want?

Comment

• Joshua Gonzales
      • Apr 2015
      • 5.5.x

You may be able to import your PHPBB data into vBulletin 4 using this open source tool called ImpEx: https://github.com/vBZachery/vbimpex
      This is a tool we no longer develop or offer support for, which is why it is now open source.You would need to purchase vBulletin 5 Connect for $249 to have access to vBulletin 4. After the import, if it is successful, you can upgrade to vBulletin 5 if you choose.

The monthly plan refers to vBulletin Cloud, which only uses the latest version of vBulletin 5. We cannot migrate forums from other platforms into vBulletin Cloud. Furthermore, you would not be able to download or own any software. It is a good choice for those that do not want to handle the back-end processes (installation, upgrades, backups, server maintenance), but not for those wanting to import from another platform.

You should look over the ImpEx tool and documentation to make sure it will work for you and then purchase vBulletin 5 Connect.
      -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -- Ads available for the modules globally
      -- Global modules
      -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

• tommyxv
        • Oct 2003

I'm amazed that vB/IB has to include old products to get people to buy vB Failure.

Originally posted by Don0tto
        I am currently on Phpbb was on Proboards for a while but I am considering transferring from phpbb to VB. A few questions I have

1. Can I transfer from phbpp to VB without losing any members or posts

2 what is the difference between a monthly plan and a regular license

3 which license is the best

Dude, do yourself a favor and look at other forum options.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by tommyxv
          I'm amazed that vB/IB has to include old products to get people to buy vB Failure.
          Old versions would always be part of a new license, without access to old versions people on even older versions wouldn't be able to upgrade. Just common sense.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...