X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robinantill
    • Dec 2001
    • 4.2.x

vBulletin 5 Connect + Mobile Suite Bundle

I know it should be obvious but I need to be sure. If I upgrade to vBulletin 5 Connect + Mobile Suite Bundle then my forum boards will be responsive. i.e change size to suit mobiles, tablets etc.
    Also with the blog part of the program is it possible to import blogs from Wordpress into it. Thanks.

Also how much support do you get when you upgrade?
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

vBulletin 5 Connect by itself is responsive. Mobile Suite bundle is for native mobile apps (iOS and Android). Without the mobile suite bundle, mobile users can view the forums on their mobile browser and the layout adapts to the small screen.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• robinantill
      • Dec 2001
      • 4.2.x

Hi Glenn,
      I have just upgraded to the Mobile Suite because I thought you had to for the site to be responsive and I neeed to get my site up and running again ASAP.
      I don't need to make any apps (wouldn't know how to). How do I go about getting a refund for that? Thanks.
      Regards,
      Robin

Comment

• yv3013
        • Jan 2013

You probably won't if you downloaded it, I thought mobile suite was a simple thing and didn't expect to need developer accounts and overall too overwhelming for me to handle.
        they will tell you that once you downloaded the program you can't refund, no common sense actions provided, only an invitation to seek legal advice.

So it's yours now, I bought mine over a year ago, I just came in to see if I can try again, I worked out now how to resize pictures because you need a lot of different sizes.
        anyway, good luck.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

If you want to request a refund you will need to email [email protected], we (support staff) do not decide who can get refunds and who cannot. The sales staff work normal business hours in the Pacific time zone so they will not be able to respond until the office re-opens Monday at 9AM in California.

It is not possible to import blogs from Wordpress directly into VB5. You may have had some success importing them into VB4 and then upgrading to VB5 but if the VB5 site is already running there is no known means to get any additional data imported.

Comment

• yv3013
            • Jan 2013

Yes that's what I did, spoke directly to sales and that's what they told me, no refund and if I wanted one I would have to go through a lawyer, full stop.

Comment