vBulletin License Confirm
    &
    Title:‏
    Presale - Buying secondhand licence. Identify ID #‏

email:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

I've emailed all 3 (from hotmail). I'm just checking to see whether or not you got my email.

It's about identifying the ID number of licence and whether or not it is legal for them to transfer it.
    Also inquiring about the $45 transfer fee.
  • akz645
    • Jul 2015
    • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
    Hello,

If you did not get an automatic reply from us giving you a ticket id number and a link to view your message in our ticket system then we did not receive your messages.

Our system automatically emails back unrecognized emails asking you to do something to prove you are human and not a spammer/bot but some ISPs block that reply back. As a result we sometimes do not get messages sent for unrecognized emails

Please try sending from the contact form here: http://www.vbulletin.com/en/contacts/
    I didn't receive an automated response...

Okay, I got the online form to work. I tried before, but I don't think it allows web links.
    I still never received an automated response though for sending that message via online form...
    Did you receive the online form from me (with my email- same as this account)?

What should I do now?

If it didn't work, can't you send me a ticket manually, or set one up for my email address now?
    Last edited by akz645; Tue 28 Jul '15, 7:03am.

Comment

• Daniel Allen
      • Jul 2013
      • 5.0.X

Hi,
      The user above is trying to contact you guys as he would like to receive my license through a transfer. What is the best way for him to contact you?

Comment

• akz645
        • Jul 2015
        • 4.2.x

Can you verify that it is legal for him (------) to transfer his licence?

If so, then I can send him the payment.

The transfer fee ($45-> £28.85) I need to know how to send you (vbulletin) that payment. Preferably via paypal.
        Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Sat 1 Aug '15, 2:28am. Reason: removed name

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Daniel Allen
          Hi,
          The user above is trying to contact you guys as he would like to receive my license through a transfer. What is the best way for him to contact you?
          If you're transferring a license to him, you need to start the process by contacting [email protected]. Once we verify the transfer, we will contact him.

Transfers are not handled in the forums under any circumstance.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• akz645
            • Jul 2015
            • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

If you're transferring a license to him, you need to start the process by contacting [email protected]. Once we verify the transfer, we will contact him.

Transfers are not handled in the forums under any circumstance.
            But email is not working for me (works for him). He already contacted you, but I have not paid him yet because I was supposed to verify his #ID first (legal to transfer or not).
            I'm not getting an automated message... Hence you guys didn't receive my message via email (as Joe stated).

In any case, I will probably just transfer my money to him. Since clearly waiting for [email protected] will never come as I don't get an automated response...

Your team should really have a better solution for tickets for members who do not have a licence, preferably something private which we can do on this forum or a support section/website.
            Example:

OR
            If somebody asks for you to setup a ticket manually here, you should be able to create a ticket and make sure that persons email no longer gets counted as spam.
            Last edited by akz645; Tue 28 Jul '15, 9:49am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

It doesn't matter. Until he contacts us and starts the transfer, there is nothing we can do for you anyway. We do have the contact form linked in the footer. It allows unlicensed people to create tickets for help. We can also create tickets manually and will do so to contact you at the appropriate time in the transfer process.

However you might add vbulletin.com to your whitelist on hotmail.com.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• akz645
                • Jul 2015
                • 4.2.x

It doesn't matter. Until he contacts us and starts the transfer, there is nothing we can do for you anyway.
                That's not true.
                Originally posted by Steve Machol
                You're supposed to verify to the potential buyer (when they email the Licence number & name + email address on that account) the information and check whether or the #ID is valid to transfer & if the email + name given matches the #ID.

We do have the contact form linked in the footer. It allows unlicensed people to create tickets for help. We can also create tickets manually and will do so to contact you at the appropriate time in the transfer process.

True I didn't use that, because I didn't think it would be different from this:
                http://www.vbulletin.com/en/contacts/ (the link Joe gave).

However you might add vbulletin.com to your whitelist on hotmail.com.
                Not only did I email via hotmail, I also tried to contact like this:

Neither gave me a automated response yet.

I already have [email protected] on my whitelist. But in either case, even if wasn't on my whitelist, it should be sent to the 'junk' folder.
                Your system simply didn't send me a automated message.
                In any case, he (Daniel) submitted the ticket now.
                I've paid him via paypal just now. He printscreened the ticket being sent with all the necessary information required to transfer a licence.
                Hopefully I will receive a response on this website (support ticket) or on my email. If it is sent to my email, I hope no further email related issues occur...

Edit:
                Okay, it seems I finally had a vbulletin staff member email me a support ticket.

It appears that my my online form worked (thank you Joe for the link), but my emails still were not received.
                I guess automated response just doesn't work on hotmail.co.uk- hence directly emailing vbulletin sales isn't a good idea and I don't think this thread should link to doing that. Instead it should link to creating a online form here. As the online form doesn't require a automated message to be sent to your email to check for spam.
                Last edited by akz645; Tue 28 Jul '15, 4:04pm.

Comment

• akz645
                  • Jul 2015
                  • 4.2.x

I got the details.
                  So trade successful. There is no longer any issues between my email and vbulletin.
                  @Mods, you can lock this thread now.

This is my advice to any future second hand licence buyers:

http://www.vbulletin.com/en/contacts/
                  ^I highly recommend asking for the #ID number & email + name of the seller using the online forum.

Also you should create a thread over here like I have and ask the seller to reply back to it.

If you send a email to [email protected] and you don't get a automated message back asking for spam verification, it means they didn't receive your message.
                  However, using the online form means they'll receive it and you don't need to receive an automated message to your email.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

Thank you for the feedback. Using the form is probably the better idea, I will update those instructions as they pre-dated our online form by many years.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...