Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import from Vanilla Forum to vBulletin Cloud

Presales,

We hope to opt for the Cloud vBulletin VBCloud hosted by you. A few tweaks is required for us to migrate our data from an existing Vanilla Forum. Conversion to vBulletin will be part of our project but I would like to confirm if it is possible to access FTP/SQL DB in VBCloud? This same question regarding FTP access to be able to heavily modify the theme in VBCloud?

Also, is it possible to download and demo VB5 prior to purchasing so that we can install and test on our environment.

Please confirm and advice my options moving forward with which product is best for us VB5 or VBCloud?

Thanks,
    Ariel

As far as I know, migration from a different forum software to Cloud is not possible. Also, you will not have FTP/DB access with vB Cloud, you won't be able to download the software, a downloadable demo does not exist (anyway, how would you donwload a cloud solution?), and heavy modyfiying is out of the question with vB5 cloud.

Given your expectations and needs, Cloud is clearly not what you want. You should go for the standard, self hosted license solution.

Comment

Cellarius is right. At this time we cannot import from other forum software into vBulletin Cloud. We can only import existing vBulletin installations.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.1 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment