Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pisymbol
    • Jul 2009

Migrating from WP to vBulletin 5

I have an existing active blog running WordPress 4.x. I'd like to move to vBulletin 5.x but not loose all of our articles. I am already an existing vBulletin 4.x customer though though I have never deployed it in production.

I'd like to revisit going to vBulletin, particularly 5.x, but I don't want to loose all of my WP content. The problem I face is that the ImpEx system is no longer really supported and when trying the Zach/git branch in a staging area, failed miserably to move anything over.

Does vBulletin have any plans to come up with a new import/export tool to migrate a WP 4.x+ blog to vBulletin 5.x? It is the number reason why I have not hit the buy button yet since I just don't see a clear migration path.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Hello,

At this time there are no immediate plans for an updated Impex. I hope we will see an updated, supported Impex in the future but that isn't something you should rely on. The only current Impex solution is what is out there now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...