Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seacoast
    • May 2015

5 Connect or v4.2?

Hi all..new here and new to vBulletin after using PHPBB for a couple years. I have a few questions, but I'll start with my #1.

1. If 5 Connect includes v4.2, why would I want to purchase v4.2 for the same price?
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

You can't buy a vB4 license as such anymore. You can buy a vB5 license, which also gives you access to vB4 (and vB3). You can choose to use either of these.

Comment

• seacoast
      • May 2015

Understood. Thank you.

Comment

• RoboCop1985
        • Oct 2012

Yes you will get v4 when you buy 5 connect. If you dont like 5 Connect, don't worry you can still use v4.2.x and v3.8.x access to download those. Plus you can use vBulletin's offical modification site vbulletin.org for trying to make enhancements on your site, the plugins from DragonByte Tech seem promising and you can download free SEO, Optimiser to boost your site traffic and keeping it running smoothly. Don't install too many modifications as your MySQL datatables will become more stacked up with loads of tables for each specific mods.

Comment

• seacoast
          • May 2015

Thanks for the input. I've heard good and bad about v5 Connect, which is why I'm leaning toward 4.2.

Comment

• TLMD
            • Sep 2012
            • 5.6.X

Have you already tried the Trial Versions? They are available for both vB4 and vB5, and they give you a good first impression of each software.

vB4: http://www.vbulletin.com/en/vb4-trial
            vB5: http://www.vbulletin.com/en/vb5-trial

Comment

• donald1234
              • Oct 2011
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by seacoast
              Thanks for the input. I've heard good and bad about v5 Connect, which is why I'm leaning toward 4.2.
              That's a good idea in my opinion as you can make a full backup of your vb 4 forum, upgrade to vb 5 at any time and then restore your vb 4 backup if you don't like 5 where as if you start on 5 you can't downgrade to 4 only start from scratch.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...